Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does my car have rain-sensing wipers?

Hi,

I'm just wondering how to tell if my lexus is 220d has rain-sensing wipers. The wipers currently work as manual intermittent wipers, but is there a way to select auto rain-sensing wipers? From looking at the manual it doesn't give any indication of how to select auto, but just says 'with AUTO selected, the wipers will operate automatically when the sensor detects falling rain' etc - but not how to select auto.

There looks like a rain sensor is on the windshield. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Where the wiper stalk/switch shows the different speeds you can select, at the very top, next to the fastest speed marking there should be the word AUTO, if you have that facility. I would expect all Lexus to have that capability.

I thought that auto wipers were standard on 2nd gen. IS.. but in car handbook there is option for manual ones... so I guess it was possible to have a car without them (maybe on special order :D)