Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

KN Airfilter kit: worth it?

Robk

It depends what you mean by worth it? Does it give anything extra in performance? not really no. If you are keeping the car for a while then it will be cheaper than constantly paying for a new one when its serviced and it does sound very slightly better, but that's it really.

As above, especially if you are talking about the drop in filter to use inside the standard airbox. Replacing the whole intake would get you more sound but very little performance/economy improvements.

thank you to you both. these IS's seem pretty sewn up in terms of fiddling with! However, Im 49 this year so really i should be getting more concerned how easy a car is to get in and out of :)

I am 62 and mine runs a turbo, piggyback ECU and lightened flywheel and pulls 260bhp. It also has coil overs uprated anti roll bars, front strut brace, a full poly bush kit, uprated 4 pot brake kit and lsd as well as 18 X 8.5 Rota wheels and a quick shift. Never to old to have fun in your car......

image.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Not really..they look too messy under the bonnet..plus the suck in warm to hot air this reducing performance. .if you look at the air filter box..the snout is right at front to suck in cold air..most cats are like that for a good reason