Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Pictures, just ..... because

13 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Top wife there @Mark6pot! Mine gave me half the money to buy my car, she's a keeper! 

@Big Rat do you want to explain the various benefits and drawbacks of the different bushes? For the lower control arms that is...

How did you swing that @Rusty Crobar, great result, my other half gave me a guilt trip but no money. 😂 

@Rusty Crobar Effectively it means as I understand it that 'negative' means the road wheel is vertical to the tyre foot print on the road surface.

And to explain it at its best here's a handy diagram.....

IMG_0452.GIF.54dad859394ccc5d0e65a90882c7a3e2.GIF

So Viewing this picture at the basic format of the suspension depicted the bottom joint can be taken as LCA joint, lower control arm, and it is this joint that is available in three adjustments from Lexus, to give you the choice this offers.

Now I do not know which our cars have fitted as 'standard' this can be identified by the dealer from the stamped in part number, and you can proceed from there to custom the handling set up you require.

As above all three are now a harder compound rubber.

Im interested in keeping my car as standard so I shall be doing some more research on this shortly with the dealer when my goes in for Tyres/MOT I will share on here my findings, there maybe benefits in there maybe not for a hundred squid plus fitting it's got to be worth a punt ( they've quoted a little over an hours labour).

Big Rat

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Mark as I've said before when it comes wives "It's far easier to seek forgiveness than permission " 😂

🐀

Indeed, I'm very protective of her. I exercise this by not telling her things that will upset her = protective.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Effectively it means as I understand it that 'negative' means the road wheel is vertical to the tyre foot print on the road surface.

And to explain it at its best here's a handy diagram.....

IMG_0452.GIF.54dad859394ccc5d0e65a90882c7a3e2.GIF

So Viewing this picture at the basic format of the suspension depicted the bottom joint can be taken as LCA joint, lower control arm, and it is this joint that is available in three adjustments from Lexus, to give you the choice this offers.

Now I do not know which our cars have fitted as 'standard' this can be identified by the dealer from the stamped in part number, and you can proceed from there to custom the handling set up you require.

As above all three are now a harder compound rubber.

Im interested in keeping my car as standard so I shall be doing some more research on this shortly with the dealer when my goes in for Tyres/MOT I will share on here my findings, there maybe benefits in there maybe not for a hundred squid plus fitting it's got to be worth a punt ( they've quoted a little over an hours labour).

Big Rat

Perhaps this explains why some cars have had inner tyre wear and some haven't. The harder compound might go someway to improving the feel, in the direction of the RR racing USRS's, but still keeping it oem. Good find @Big Rat

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Indeed, I'm very protective of her. I exercise this by not telling her things that will upset her = protective.  

@emjay82 Ah right got it is that why I'm on my third one 😂

🐀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark6pot So there we have it concrete proof ......

The right car the right colour, clearly the right wife and the right decision has been made !

Mark you've said you had the tracking done obviously this included the front did it through up any remarks?

Have you got / inner front tyre wear ?

I rang my local stealer yesterday regarding the bushes for the front lower control arms £100.00 for the pair, now I don't have a problem with mine, yet , but helpful chap was telling me that there are 3 different setups, 3 separate part numbers.

So there is negative and + or - 20 which is something I was unaware of AND AS WELL NOW THEY ARE A HARDER COMPOUND RUBBER.

Mines due new tyres and a geo so I'll give all this some thought, service manager confirmed that non standard suspension components are a warranty no no.

Im guessing you had an Indy do your bit of work ?

Big Rat

Thanks for this info and that answers the question re the cost/ benefit of the OEM v USRS  bushes. At £100 for the pair, preferably in the harder compound, they are a better bet than USRS's given the current exchange if the only concern is the inside tyre wear. 

That said looking forward to seeing how the USRS's perform in Perter18's car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark6pot said:

Some more pics tonight as the weather is ok from top of Bathgate hill.

The good wife in passenger seat.

The isf looks good from every angle.

20170614_193017.jpg

20170614_194315.jpg

20170614_192655.jpg

20170614_194451.jpg

20170614_192549.jpg

20170614_192635.jpg

20170614_193027.jpg

20170614_194232.jpg

Glad to hear you are keeping the car & as others have said brilliant to hear how well it's still performing at that mileage.  Helps confirm what we all suspected👍🏻

Always nice when your better half is on the right track as well 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Thanks for this info and that answers the question re the cost/ benefit of the OEM v USRS  bushes. At £100 for the pair, preferably in the harder compound, they are a better bet than USRS's given the current exchange if the only concern is the inside tyre wear. 

That said looking forward to seeing how the USRS's perform in Perter18's car.

@DAW It's just an option I thought I'd explore might be some thing might be nothing.

Big Rat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I hear black is the new silver.

Brown is coming back though!

I spent 3 hours cleaning both my car and the wife's. Her car is a dream to clean compared to mine, I hate cleaning black cars 😝

2017-06-17 16.56.52.jpg

2017-06-17 16.59.51.jpg

8 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

@Big Rat it does look stunning, how does it drive?

@Rusty Crobar Probably best described by saying that every thing about it feels just a little bit better than ISF, evolution not revolution, though I accept it's not a direct replacement, one could consider it as so.

The ride is better as is the exhaust note obviously a much more modern  interior the seats are fantastic.

Just searching down the back of the sofa as we speak 😂

🐀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Question. The GS, is it longer than your van? Looks massive.

@Flytvr That's a fair question the Transit Custom is 4972mm long, a GSF is 4914mm.

Our ISF's by way of comparison are 4660mm.

The rear and the boot space in a GSF is better.

🐀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links