Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0155 Error Code - 54 plate SC430

This has been diagnosed as Oxy Sensor Heater Circuit failed - Bank 2 Sensor 1 of drivers side . I have been quoted a price for repair but was advised that the sensor may be corroded into the manifold and may result in damage to the manifold and subsequent expense. Has anyone had issues with these sensors before that have had such serious consequences? At present sensor works fine when the engine is warm.

Regards,

Bob 

10 minutes ago, kath's_convertible said:

This has been diagnosed as Oxy Sensor Heater Circuit failed - Bank 2 Sensor 1 of drivers side . I have been quoted a price for repair but was advised that the sensor may be corroded into the manifold and may result in damage to the manifold and subsequent expense. Has anyone had issues with these sensors before that have had such serious consequences? At present sensor works fine when the engine is warm.

Regards,

Bob 

I think the key words are "may be". Spraying with a releasing fluid ( plus gas, WD40 ) over several days could help with its removal.

Didn't realise it was such a big problem, its only like taking a spark plug out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kr-c8eBl5E

If it's a factory sensor then these normally come out easily, anti seize compound is put in the thread. The Denso replacements always come with a small amount of compound too.

Never had a problem with any O2 sensor on a Toyota/Lexus vehicle.

Thanks all. Looks fairly straightforward. I had a cambelt replaced today and the dealer (sevice manager) said they wouldn't be able to see the sensor while they were doing the cambelt - they then sent me a video of a visual inspection of the car and showed me the faulty sensor. Seems doable with a ramp. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...