Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote locking system not working

Hi my 200is remote locking and alarm activation suddenly stoped working. Press the lock or unlock and nothing happens, not even indicator lights flash.

Central locking working from main switch but not from door lock with key.

The car starts no problem. 

What I have done is replace Battery in both keys. Both the light on key flashing bright.

Tryed recoding key with 5 lock method. It gose threw the complete sequence but still nothing. 

Checked all 3 fuse boxes. 

Any advice as to what I can check or try or possible problem. 

Hi Lyle

My daughter had something similar with her 2004 200is Sport a few years ago.  It seemed intermittent at first as she had no trouble with it when she left work and when she was out shopping later in the evening.  Just when it was parked outside the house.

The problem turned out to be caused by the a button getting stuck on the house alarm remote control which obviously caused interference with her car's remote locking when her car was parked on the driveway outside the house.

It could be worth checking to see if it is this or something similar causing interference.

Hope this helps

JBP (from the RX Forum!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links