Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DPF and EGR deletion and dyno remap - Avon Tuning

I have been talking to Gareth at Avon Tuning in Bristol after reading this article: http://avontuning.co.uk/2015/11/lexus-is-220d-dpf-removal-ecu-remap/

Avon Tuning have a good reputation as far as I can see on various owners forums. They have a blog and facebook page too if you are interested.

Gareth wrote in response to my email:

"Since summer last year, the Denso ECU's fitted to Lexus/Toyota vehicles were cracked. This was one of the biggest revelations in our industry. We have now done over 100 Toyota/Lexus vehicles for both Remapping and DPF Removal. We give you a lifetime warranty with our software so no issues there for you. There are many advantages to DPF Removal, the main being the cost Vs replacement let alone a healthier vehicle with less restriction and pressure. Another advantage to a DPF Removal is that we include free of charge a Remap so therefore is very cost effective for you saying you £250.

We offer a DPF Removal + EGR Delete + Stage 1 ECU Remap + Dyno package on your vehicle for £549 including VAT. 

That includes the physical removal of the filter, the fitment of an EGR blanking plate and all the associated ECU Reprogramming to prevent future DPF regeneration and warning lights. Also included free of charge is a Stage 1 ECU Remap to improve the performance and efficiency of the engine. Furthermore, once we have completed our removal service we offer a lifetime guarantee against any future DPF / EGR issues and warning lights."

very interesting :)

While I believe this is relief for many IS220d owners and generally for diesel owners. I just wanted to point out that DPF is there of one solid reason - diesel cars are not very - lets say "clean". That means DPF is needed to stop poisonous and deadly pollutants to get out of the car and kill me, you, my family and all other strangers who are unfortunate to be near the exhaust pipe of vehicle which have DPF "deleted". That said I strongly believe such changes should be very least banned or even punished.

Similar story goes for Catalyst converters "deletion". 

Now the reason I post is not to ruin your day or celebration of the discovery. I know how much problems DPF and ERGs made to IS220d and other later diesel car owners. Instead I would like to see someone to come up with the facts and maybe prove me wrong (hopefully).

Until then, I do believe it is immoral to drive the car which pollutes more for some limited personal benefit.

Thanks for your opinion Linas,

DPF and EGR aside, the fact that it is now possible to remap and dyno tune the ECU in the 220d (with or without hardware deletion) is a huge step forward and great news for all of us diesel lexus/toyota owners.

The extra bhp and torque and the potential fuel saving gains are great and the fact that this can be done with guarantees of no error lights, codes or problems is even better.

• 4 months later...

At first he says dpf removel and remap £250 and then he says dpf removel,remap and egg delete £549???

The egr blanking plate is £3 on eBay and takes 2 minutes to fit! its 2 bolts lol

I wondering what the price is as was thinking about dpf removel

• 2 months later...