Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear view camera

• 11 months later...

I'd be very interested in this or any other suggestions for improving the Rx400h camera. This is the second Rx400h I have owned and have never been happy with the images especially at night. Last week I drove a rented Kia Sorrento with what appeared to be an identical camera and the difference was like chalk & cheese. Very clear and great night vision. I'm trying to find out what camera model the Kia has as there appears to be a healthy after-market for these things

David

• Like 1

My wife's 65 reg Yaris has a better camera the my 400h. BUT the reversing lights on the 400h are pathetic and need upgrading with LEDs. Also the cover needs to be removed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gliderpilot said:

My wife's 65 reg Yaris has a better camera the my 400h. BUT the reversing lights on the 400h are pathetic and need upgrading with LEDs. Also the cover needs to be removed.

I've added a fog light as an extra reversing light - that helps a lot but the camera is still very poor

1 hour ago, Silversalmon said:

I changed my reversing lights to LED and there was a huge improvement. 

Did you just change the bulb or the whole fitting? -If the bulb which one did you use?

Thanks

David

Hi David, it was probably the simplest of all the bulbs to change, I bought Osram bulbs from amazon, not the cheapest but i guessed they may last longer than unbranded bulbs? Some of the bulbs were really difficult to change, the worst being the rear passenger bulb! Changed to full LED for interior, left all external bulbs apart from reverse lights alone. Number plate were originally LED. Car does look lovely at night when opening doors....As you get older you do appreciate the strongest clearest light you can find. 

4 minutes ago, Silversalmon said:

Hi David, it was probably the simplest of all the bulbs to change, I bought Osram bulbs from Amazon, not the cheapest but i guessed they may last longer than unbranded bulbs? Some of the bulbs were really difficult to change, the worst being the rear passenger bulb! Changed to full LED for interior, left all external bulbs apart from reverse lights alone. Number plate were originally LED. Car does look lovely at night when opening doors....As you get older you do appreciate the strongest clearest light you can find. 

Oh yes, can't get enough light these days ;-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links