Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tunerfest South - Brands Hatch this Sunday

Hi All,

Appreciate it's short notice, and Fathers Day, but thought I'd see if anyone else is planning to attend?

My car will be on display at the kleers stand, so if you are coming, please stop by and say hello. :thumbup1:

Weather looks promising, but not so much tomorrow when I need to get the car cleaned up and ready! :wallbash:

Hoping there will be some dry spells, but we'll see!

Cheers for now.

Peter :smile:

So, great day at Tuner Fest South today at Brands Hatch. :thumbup1:

Even more so after I was announced 'Car of the show' in the kleers show 'n' shine!! :yahoo:

Here's some photos I took.

3CE63BEF-99DA-4BC5-B19B-09B574084520_zps

C55B365E-8DF3-42DA-9AF7-C836828A65D6_zps

B286C8B5-58E3-4760-80BE-A200B35A75A4_zps

7FE172E2-B131-4E74-8CED-59B70783DC9B_zps

DCBC9DEE-1BAD-44B9-BEA8-422C15FB4C7F_zps

70B85D19-2BC6-4221-8533-550D97ABBDCA_zps

1F996F0D-C1D2-4251-B6AD-062E18A19DDA_zps

90ABCF46-AABB-49AA-A4D3-4E21576C338C_zps

62EE4B9C-6698-4958-8DA2-A57E0BF65FA0_zps

67937A1B-60BD-402D-A29A-203FA83694ED_zps

0C9CFB92-A2D4-4CA1-BCBB-D824464F4AA4_zps

237D6541-8FC7-487A-98B0-43E152598997_zps

9980BBC3-7FAA-4FB7-B31D-DDB003855553_zps

A97DBC3A-BE9F-42BF-942D-33EAD2B24232_zps

And I saved arguably the best photo till last! :yes:

CEF7B652-0362-4A32-B1AA-11C3C39FB146_zps

• Like 6

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:46 PM, DT_Racing said:

Pete, Your car's a total credit to you, really is something very special. Incredible work

Cheers Dave. :thumbsup:

Guess I was just really chuffed someone independent decided my car and all the hard work I have put in warranted a Car of the Show award. :yahoo:

Makes all that effort worthwhile.

Was also nice to hear a few of the people walking around refer to it as an IS-F.

Can't tell you how many people thought it was the same car as an IS-220d with a bodykit when I did the other show at Santa Pod back in October last year! :frusty:

Still got plenty to do, but I'm spurred on after this. :cool:

Thanks Chris. :thumbsup:

Yes, as far as I know mine is the most modified IS-F in Europe. The Defi triple gauges in place of the central air vents is unique to me I believe (not even the US or Japan have done this the way I did).

It certainly is nice to do something completely unique. Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions on whether I did the right thing by changing this or that, it really isn't about them. As long as I am happy with how MY car looks, drives, feels, that's all that matters.

It is pretty cool though that an independent judge I had never met saw my car for what it is, and decided to give me the award. He had a Porsche Turbo (think it's in a couple of the photos) which for obvious reasons wasn't being judged, but the look, and rarity of my car pulled him in closer. When I ran through the extensive list of subtle and not so subtle changes, he could appreciate how much of a labour of love this car has been. :smile:

Will be even more interesting after I add the RR-Racing performance package, and one day the RR-Racing supercharger kit. :cool:

Just love the fact I do something no one else has done. Does have it's challenges though! Take fitting PPE headers! No tuner or shop here that has done these before (or often enough to do the complete job in 5-6hrs anyway), so it could in theory cost me more in labour than the headers cost! :sad:

Worth it though given they still represent the single largest gain you can do to the F (until the supercharger is released, but that benefits from having the better headers as well).

• Like 1

On 6/21/2016 at 4:44 PM, Peter P18 said:

Thanks Chris. :thumbsup:

Yes, as far as I know mine is the most modified IS-F in Europe. The Defi triple gauges in place of the central air vents is unique to me I believe (not even the US or Japan have done this the way I did).

It certainly is nice to do something completely unique. Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions on whether I did the right thing by changing this or that, it really isn't about them. As long as I am happy with how MY car looks, drives, feels, that's all that matters.

It is pretty cool though that an independent judge I had never met saw my car for what it is, and decided to give me the award. He had a Porsche Turbo (think it's in a couple of the photos) which for obvious reasons wasn't being judged, but the look, and rarity of my car pulled him in closer. When I ran through the extensive list of subtle and not so subtle changes, he could appreciate how much of a labour of love this car has been. :smile:

Well deserved, the car looks stunning. Completely appreciate the effort it takes to be the first. 

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

Well deserved, the car looks stunning. Completely appreciate the effort it takes to be the first. 

25 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

Love the car, love the prize and recognition it received and love the DIY guides you do! Keep at it! 

Cheers chaps. :thumbsup:

Given the value of the pound at the moment, won't be buying the RR-Racing performance package quite yet! Lol.

Hopefully things will level out soon though.

Glad everyone is finding the DIY guides useful. Hopefully I get my second gold star as a club contributor soon! Plan is to try and get that bar filled before the end of the year! :wink3:

May do another couple of DIY guides on the front and rear bumper removal process. Know that's an area people ask about quite frequently.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words, means a lot. :thumbup:

You worry too much once the money men have taken their profits it will all revert back too normal. We didn't all vote too leave on the immigration issue, I for one am fed up too the back teeth with having to prop up 3rd world European countries because they are so poor, for that reason alone the EU can never work because its an uneven playing field.

Looks fantastic! Would love to see it in person one day. I really like the "true colour" carbon trim surrounding the gear stick, in the front door around the handles etc. The stand out piece for me is the rear piece between the two passenger seats. I wish they had done that from factory as the black plastic is not aesthetically pleasing at all.

I'd love to get this done to the piece in the rear but it may look a bit odd if it's done in the same colour as yours as it would mismatch the original parts in the front. Where did you get it done please? And do you reckon they could match the original colour? ie I would get the part done in the rear to match the bits in the front. When you let me know who did it, I'll ask them. Cheers!