Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weekend use or daily drive?

Hi all, a few weeks into my IS-F ownership now and loving every minute (well apart from the fact that the local council have relaid what seems to be every road around here with loose gravel!).

The IS-F is my only car and as such i use it to commute the 32 mile round trip to work every other week as I lift share with someone. With personal use it will total around 8000-9000 miles per year while I own it. 

Who else uses their IS-F as the daily drive and who just for weekends etc?

Considering buying a cheap diesel estate to use for work as would also come in handy for the dog amongst other things with the large boot. 

The ISF is my only car and as a result is used daily. My commute is a 12 mile round trip which I do twice a day. Add in normal driving miles with the occasional long run somewhere and I end up doing anywhere from 10-12k miles a year. 

I'm only a few months into ownership so far, don't think I'll end up with a second car for daily duties. Fuel costs be damned! 

Daily drive for me, although I work very close to where I live and only rack up 6,000 each year. Would find it too depressing to have a run around diesel for the commute, knowing that the ISF is on my driveway but I understand your dilemma! 

Week two of ownership for me :)

My daily commute is currently 50 miles each way. So, the F is a garage toy. I guess this has pros and cons, but it does make driving it extra special - something to look forward to at the weekend. Off back to Wales tomorrow - should be a nice blat :)

Mine was our only car and to be honest when it became a weekend car I changed as it lacked the weekend car feel for me. Incredible as they are, I wanted a smaller, sportier weekend toy. 

I was running a Yaris 1.4d4d as my daily drive and F was a weekend toy. It wasnt because of the mileage going, simply because after a hard week of graft at work i wanted to get into a machine that would. . . Lets say put a smile on my face.

All my sports cars have been weekend or special occasion drives. I think if i drove them daily id get bored very quick (thats just me).

• Like 1

Bought for a couple of reasons but one was as a commuter, I do a lot of miles and wanted to enjoy them. Car bought in February, serviced immediately and is due for its next service in less than 1000 miles. That'll be 10k in 5 months. Makes me smile every mile...

• Like 1

Daily drive for me and I love it! Feels special when I get in even after just two days of no use. I know a v8 as a daily drive isn't to everyone's liking, but boy it makes the daily commute rather enjoyable at times!

Don't think I can justify a second car financially as the extra fuel using the IS-F every day would be way less than what it costs to buy and run another motor alongside it. 

I guess even over 2 years driving mine should still be showing less than 60k on the clock. 

I started alternating my commute between cars (RX300 and ISF), so the thinking was that it would feel more special when i used the ISF.

I have changed my mind now though and just use the ISF for everything apart from dog and tip duties.

Basically you only live once so why bother accepting second best when you have the cream.......having said that I am lucky that my commute is 3 miles a day, so running cost is not a factor.

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2016 at 2:13 PM, dr_rick said:

Daily driver between Edinburgh and Glasgow, mostly 5-days a week, sometimes less. For those that don't know; 66miles round trip each time.

Haha just posted to your mileage entry instead of here. Lol

Daily drive for me.  

Embarrassingly on Tues/Weds when I don't have to pick my daughter up from the outlaws then my daily commute is a 4 mile round trip.

Luckily (or unluckily) I car share with the wife as we work at the same place so I try and use her Alfa Giulietta on those days.

When I pick it up on the 12th of August it will mostly be a weekend car and occasional shopping transport, 3000 miles per year. Using wifes Toyota Yaris trend mostly. And I'm only 2 miles from work so cycle or walk it half the time.

I run a 13 year old Golf 1.4 as a daily, for me it is so much cheaper to run the 2 cars than it would be to use the IS-F every day, and then when I do get In it after a few days it feels special.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Volvo V70 D5 for my daily commute to London also for the dog and a skip on wheels as doing a large extension on the house, use the F once a week for work as most weekends I'm working on the house, have also just bought a Z1000SX delivery taking place on 3/9/16.....looking forward to more time in it when house is finally completed