Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought this......wheels??

Maggo

Hi all.  I've just put deposit down on this, not even a year old http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-15-Lexus-CT-200h-1-8-F-Sport-CVT-Hybrid-Auto-/112021400486?hash=item1a14feeba6:g:QX4AAOSwepJXWCLx

Can't wait to pick it up next week......but what is going on with the wheel offsets?  Also it's crying out for some 18 or 19" wheels.  Has anyone any recommendations for a 'non chav' set of wheels?  Also, what offset would fill the arches better?  

I can't believe there wasn't an 18" option for it from the factory.

Hi Paul and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We always like to see pictures of members cars so don't be shy.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

The CT200H is a car primarily focused on economy.  The wheels are under the arches to help with this. 

The last time I drove a CT loaner it rode like a rock. I can only imagine that'd get worse with 18" wheels and let's not forget the speedo will be out too as you won't be able to match the tyres to keep the rolling diameter the same as its already running rubber band tyres

Non chavvy wheels huh? Something from Lexus and most likely very expensive......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Should be a 40 profile?

Or even 35?

Too harsh a ride for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 will lead to a 1mph error which isnt too bad. The main problem is, the ride height will go down by almost 1cm and considering the CT is already pretty low and can scrape the door on high kerbs as well as the front fascia, it'll mean OP will have to be VERY careful. Of course, if this is not too much of an issue then thats fine.

40 is better. Error is too small to notice and the ride height gain will be 2mm which is hardly anything and unnoticeable. OP if you are keeping the same width wheels (7J), go for ET35, itll push it out and fill the gap. Current wheels are ET45.

The main issue is going to be the sidewall - itll look like this:

1349284258371_bulletin

In other words, the sidewall is going to be 215 x 0.4 (aspect ratio) = 86mm 86mm/2 = 43mm!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggo said:

Why are you dividing it by 2?  The sidewall will be 86mm won't it?

Nope aspect ratio measures the sidewall on both the bottom and top of the wheel. Therefore, only half will be in contact with the road at any point in time.

I dont think my RX even has 86mm sidewalls and its running 235/55!

18 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Nope aspect ratio measures the sidewall on both the bottom and top of the wheel. Therefore, only half will be in contact with the road at any point in time.

I dont think my RX even has 86mm sidewalls and its running 235/55!

I hate to argue as I'm new on here, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

1 hour ago, Maggo said:

I hate to argue as I'm new on here, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

So you're telling me a CT with 18" wheels fitted is going to have a vertical measurement of 86mm between the road and the edge of the rim?

The current sidewalls on the 17" wheels are smaller than that.......?!

Just remember the CT is built for comfort and economy..it isn't a sports car....F Sport is just a badge it means nothing....it still amazes me why Lexus/Toyota want to put 17" wheels fitted with tyres with a speed rating of 168+ mph on a car that is only capable of 112 mph...I removed the 17" wheels/tyres off my T-Spirit and fitted a  set of new 15" alloy wheels with Continental 195/65/15 tyres purely for ride quality....I would much prefer 16" wheels/tyres on the CT...Each to their own of course but if you wanted a sports car/hot hatch you coulda picked up a nice 350/370z for around the same money.And also remember if you DO change the wheels/tyres...the CT F Sport is probably equipped with a tyre pressure monitoring system,..so unless you wanted a light flashing inside you would have to fit the proper valves with sensors too....:wink3: ...Enjoy the motor anyway.. whatever you decide 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul.r said:

Just remember the CT is built for comfort and economy..it isn't a sports car....F Sport is just a badge it means nothing....it still amazes me why Lexus/Toyota want to put 17" wheels fitted with tyres with a speed rating of 168+ mph on a car that is only capable of 112 mph...I removed the 17" wheels/tyres off my T-Spirit and fitted a  set of new 15" alloy wheels with continental 195/65/15 tyres purely for ride quality....I would much prefer 16" wheels/tyres on the CT...Each to their own of course but if you wanted a sports car/hot hatch you coulda picked up a nice 350/370z for around the same money.And also remember if you DO change the wheels/tyres...the CT F Sport is probably equipped with a tyre pressure monitoring system,..so unless you wanted a light flashing inside you would have to fit the proper valves with sensors too....:wink3: ...Enjoy the motor anyway.. whatever you decide 

Speed ratings aren't just about speed - they reflect the composition of the tyre and its ability to dissipate heat effectively. Generally a car at 70mph with V rated tyres is going to do better on harsh emergency turns on the motorway than the same car with T or H tyres.

Good point regarding the tyre sensors - missed that one!

After driving my CT for a year on 17" I went for a set of 18" with 225/40/18 tyres. After 8k miles can say ride quality is not worse than on 17" wheels, think it might be different depending on tyres, I have fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. On both 17 and 18 I use slighly higher tyre pressure. Speedo shows 2-3 mph more than actual speed, so it is all good. MPG is down by 2-3mpg, something I have no problem with. Wheels are 7,5" wide with ET 39,5 (it is not a mistake :-) ). Front could do with max 5mm more out, rear - about 10. Tried fitting 20mm spacers at the back, but it was bit too much. Honestly wish I went for 19", might do it next year.

ffd63e78b79d8a1cmed.jpg

ec507f08b0b16c95med.jpg

Have a CT200H Advance as a loan cae whilst I wait for my IS and the ride is certainly firmer than I thought it wouls be,  guessing it might be the tyre pressure but doubt Lexus would have over inflated a car they are advertising with all the stickers it has on the side.  I think the 17s are just fine. 

IMG_20160628_205627.jpg

On 19/06/2016 at 8:27 PM, Maggo said:

Hi all.  I've just put deposit down on this, not even a year old http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-15-Lexus-CT-200h-1-8-F-Sport-CVT-Hybrid-Auto-/112021400486?hash=item1a14feeba6:g:QX4AAOSwepJXWCLx

Can't wait to pick it up next week......but what is going on with the wheel offsets?  Also it's crying out for some 18 or 19" wheels.  Has anyone any recommendations for a 'non chav' set of wheels?  Also, what offset would fill the arches better?  

@Maggo how are you finding your CT F-Sport.  Just opened the eBay link and looks very nice. 

Picked it up this week.  Absolutely love it.  Drives much better than my wife's Auris hybrid on which they share a lot of parts.  Feels a much more quality car.

A few annoyances.  The online user manuals......600 pages for the car and 440 for the nav system!  As if anyone is going to find what they want in that?

The wheels just look wrong IMO.  The offset is wrong, particularly at the rear and it really does want 18" wheels on a car this good looking.

Other than those small gripes, it seems a perfect solution to looks, handling, fuel economy.  Ok it's not the fastest car in the world, but you don't buy a hybrid if you want 0-60 speeds (unless you get an i8).

I'm really happy :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maggo said:

Picked it up this week.  Absolutely love it.  Drives much better than my wife's Auris hybrid on which they share a lot of parts.  Feels a much more quality car.

A few annoyances.  The online user manuals......600 pages for the car and 440 for the nav system!  As if anyone is going to find what they want in that?

The wheels just look wrong IMO.  The offset is wrong, particularly at the rear and it really does want 18" wheels on a car this good looking.

Other than those small gripes, it seems a perfect solution to looks, handling, fuel economy.  Ok it's not the fastest car in the world, but you don't buy a hybrid if you want 0-60 speeds (unless you get an i8).

I'm really happy :)

Sounds good - Id opt for 18" wheels with ET35, they look the business! But don't think about 19" lol

The reason for the wheels pushed in slightly is to reduce drag - you'll see the same on VW Blumotion trimmed vehicles

If the car is under warranty, you can ask for a free hard copy from the local Lexus dealer.

Also, there is usually a quick start guide for the most common things

That's brill'..only owned mine for 2 weeks and so far so good..know what you mean about the quality..far superior to my previous gen3 Prius...don't forget to chase your Lexus Roadside Assistance up... 0800 169 0393.. (3 years cover from new with warranty)...if you haven't already...to make sure you are sent the documents..the cover is personal cover which means you are covered as driver/passenger in any vehicle...(AA)...I have been looking at these to fit to my own..for protection..PS..would still prefer 16" wheels tho' :wink: :wink: :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252413888804?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

]new l.jpg

22 minutes ago, paul.r said:

That's brill'..only owned mine for 2 weeks and so far so good..know what you mean about the quality..far superior to my previous gen3 Prius...don't forget to chase your Lexus Roadside Assistance up... 0800 169 0393.. (3 years cover from new with warranty)...if you haven't already...to make sure you are sent the documents..the cover is personal cover which means you are covered as driver/passenger in any vehicle...(AA)...I have been looking at these to fit to my own..for protection..PS..would still prefer 16" wheels tho' :wink: :wink: :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252413888804?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

]new l.jpg

Those are just chrome trims. They won't help with dings or anything as the door sticks out further in the middle than it does at the bottom.

Hi Rayanns...know what you mean..but..actually the middle of the door does not stick out further than at the bottom...I have had a straight edge on it..there is a lip/crease that runs along the bottom of the doors,..and, from in front of the Hybrid badge to about where the wing mirror is it sticks out slightly further than the middle.....these trims would protect  this "lip" along the bottom and maybe the doors too..they are (mirror finish) stainless steel,if they were chrome they would most likely be ABS plastic.Where the rear one fits there is a hole in it to fit over the  hybrid badge.I have used "mirror finish" s/steel before and it does look like chrome.There are also these if anyone interested..ABS Plastic chromed :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272248814440?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, Maggo said:

The correct size you need for 18" on a CT200 is 215/40R18 that's gives a 0.64% difference in rolling ride from the original 215/45R17 (tyres are my profession) I would go for Kumho Ku39 Best value for money tyre you can get (with rim protectors).

This is my CT:LEXUS-CT-HATCHBACK-200h-1-8-SE-I-5dr-CVT-Auto-PetrolElectric-Hybrid-Automatic-BLACK-2012-XO-M-19.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links