Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

luxury (lambswool) car mats for RX400h

Hello all. Thought I’d share my latest “improvement” to my RX400h.

Was looking for some new mats, as the (aftermarket) ones that came with the car had seen better days, and moved around a bit (especially the driver’s mat), and there was a daft gap in the back middle position.

I saw some lambswool mats online, and as their factory was only a few minutes away, I thought I’d take a look in person. I must say I was well impressed with the service. The guy showed me all the samples, and then put them in my car to see how they would look. He then measured up inside the car, then a few minutes later came out with a paper-template, asking if I was happy. We made a few adjustments (I wanted the whole of the back to be just 1 piece, and to go further under the front chairs (to hide some stains on the carpet!), and to be really-tight fitting.

He even agreed to make a tiny mat to fit in that little floor tray in the front (where the power socket is) – I can hide some money under there for easy access.

The mat colour was a little bit darker than what I originally wanted, (limited colour options on the lambswool), but we agreed to have a beige edging to tie it in with my car’s interior.

Needless to say, I’m ecstatic with the final product! The front mats are good, but the 1-piece rear one really stands out. It covers the stains under the driver’s seat, and there’s no chance of the mats slipping or the kids tripping over them (clumsy idiots, they both tripped over the previous mats!).

They feel really soft, as you’d expect, but not sure how long they will stay soft for. Wifey now takes her shoes off as she likes the soft feel. Dirt doesn’t show up, so no need to dust them every day! Half tempted to get one made for the boot…

Hope the pictures come out well. If anyone’s interested or have any questions, let me know!

Cheers. Bu

20160613_085101.jpg

20160613_085137.jpg

20160613_085257.jpg

20160613_085334.jpg

20160613_085445.jpg

Thanks Romasato!

I paid £175 for them, which may sound like a lot, but the OEMs are £110 from eBay (and that was for black, which I didn't want).
Also the company I got them from usually charge £150 just for the front ones, so I managed to get a good price.
Plus I also got the 1-piece for the back.
Plus I also got the mats covering more floor space (and stains!) than the usual mats do.

Sounds like I'm trying to justify the costs to myself!! No, seriously, for me personally I think the extra outlay was worth it.

Thanks Romasato!

I paid £175 for them, which may sound like a lot, but the OEMs are £110 from eBay (and that was for black, which I didn't want).
Also the company I got them from usually charge £150 just for the front ones, so I managed to get a good price.
Plus I also got the 1-piece for the back.
Plus I also got the mats covering more floor space (and stains!) than the usual mats do.

Sounds like I'm trying to justify the costs to myself!! No, seriously, for me personally I think the extra outlay was worth it.