Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

My parking sensor on the driver's side right corner has started to beep all the time at low speeds. I suspect it is due to paint flaking of the sensor from previous posts.

My question is ...what's the best way to restore the parking sensor ?

Can I just clean the old paint off and spray over with a new can of paint ?

Thanks

I've also read that old crud sticking to the other side can have that effect, but like everything on a Lexus it's not easy to get at.  Maybe worth getting a pressure washer up there somehow? Other than that it is as simple as you say, just removing the old paint and re-painting.....if that's the problem.  Is it front or rear?

😃 yes front driver's side right, but not the extreme right. I pressure washed it on the weekend and the paint started to come off the sensor. It started off as a tiny chip of paint but just suddenly got worse. All other sensors look ok.

I will clean off the remaining peeling paint on the sensor on the weekend and see if I can get some silver paint from Lexus.

Thx

Whilst on the subject of parking sensors - when I bought my Mk 4 some years back it had a good working rear parking sensor.

A year or so on I went through a flood and the sensor ceased working. The mystery is that there are no visible signs of the sensor - no

little holes in the rear bumper and an auto electrician I took the car to did not seem to believe me (although the little 'loudspeaker' is

visible by the rear shelf) He offered to remove the rear bumper at huge expense so I gave up and over recent years have become

accustomed to parking without a sensor. Has anyone heard of an invisible sensor ?

....  having zero sensors on my Mk3 I manage to judge it " just right " by knowing the final lip on the boot lid positioning when I'm reversing into / close to, whatever.

Many years ago I used a very up market ( from my car sales lot ) Mercedes coupe with reversing sensors and managed, when parking, to reverse into a low timber post that missed the positioning of the sensors in the car bumper........  my first and last experience with these goddam sensors

Malc

Sensors combined with a reversing camera is what I find so useful, especially when I'm squeezing into tight London spaces. My last MK4 had rear sensors that cost £13, I had the car for two years and couldn't fault them.  It's a mystery to me why people pay more.

My parking sensor on the Mark 4 sits in the passenger seat and is deployed when a tight parking space is encountered, very reliable and works under all conditions .She does'nt dare fail as she would not be able to stand the verbals if I scratched the Lexus

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links