Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h acceleration at low revs

8 hours ago, wh05apk said:

That should work!

I don't know why lexus don't just fit these instead of spending millions on r&d!

Just noticed only for diesel cars, so presumably will just have to use diesel in my 300h!

No doubt somebody will try it, and claim 0-60 times are halved, whilst delivering 10 mpg. 

LOL seems a bit unlikely to work on the IS Hybrid then... 

Screenshot_2016-08-27-16-35-27.png

I think some of your guys need to read up on car tunning 101!!

A remap on a turbo combustion engine is completely different from tunning a hybrid system. The only company I know that have 'Tuned' a production hybrid drivetrain is BMW, with their latest i8, where apparently BMW have squeezed more power from the combustion unit but the i8 has a turbo combustion engine where as the IS has a NA unit. In short there will never be any tunning product for the IS300H.

As for those of you who don't think the IS has no throttle lag go and test drive a Nissan Leaf or a Renault Zoe, if you really want to be depressed any Tesla. It's not really a deal breaker, as for the purposes of a family car some throttle lag is fine, but let's not pretend it's not there. 

Edited by ganzoom

2 hours ago, ganzoom said:

I think some of your guys need to read up on car tunning 101!!

A remap on a turbo combustion engine is completely different from tunning a hybrid system. The only company I know that have 'Tuned' a production hybrid drivetrain is BMW, with their latest i8, where apparently BMW have squeezed more power from the combustion unit but the i8 has a turbo combustion engine where as the IS has a NA unit. In short there will never be any tunning product for the IS300H.

As for those of you who don't think the IS has no throttle lag go and test drive a Nissan Leaf or a Renault Zoe, if you really want to be depressed any Tesla. It's not really a deal breaker, as for the purposes of a family car some throttle lag is fine, but let's not pretend it's not there. 

A shame on the tuning front but I bet in years to come it will be possible to..   

^ You cannot just slap a turbo onto a complicated hybrid setup, and tunning NA engine is extremely hard. I've never known any air filter/Inductions to actually introduce any noticeable power gains at the wheels by them selves, quite the opposite, most third party air filters cause drops in BHP and torque, but they do make things louder.  I should know I've wasted about £1000 on various air intakes for my old 350Z and 335i, not a single one gave any dyno proven gains, in the end I always went back to stock. I still have two different induction kits for the 335i sitting in the garage. 

Tunning a NA engine is hard work and expensive. 

16 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

going to be next to impossible to tune or remap a 300H, dont know why its even suggested.

Of course it won't it's just an ECU, which can either be replaced or piggy backed on to.

Now will you see any gains?  Well that's another matter entirely. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links