Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Recall

TheOldGit

Airbag

Should tell you here if your specific vehicle is included: https://forms.toyota.co.uk/lexus-recall-checker (might be wirth checking again in a month in case it hasn't updated yet)

2011-2012 CT200h is included according to news reports.

Fuel emissions control unit

There is a separate issue which can cause a fuel leak. Seems almost all CT200h are affected, including mine :sad:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/toyota-and-lexus-recall-72885-auris-prius-and-ct200h-models-uk 

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

I dont understand the big deal about recalls?

Surely its better to get them sorted before the airbags actually go off spontaneously right?

Absolutely.

Toyota deserve credit imo, for owning up and taking responsibility, unlike some of the european manufacturers, in my experience.

2 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Absolutely.

Toyota deserve credit imo, for owning up and taking responsibility, unlike some of the european manufacturers, in my experience.

Agreed - especially before any fatalities have been found

FYI I've been advised by my dealer that you have to have received the letter before they can order the parts and book you in. Probably be months before they get round to every owner given the numbers involved.

Agree - manufacturers should be open about issues and not be penalised by the media for doing so (encouraging a hide it mentality). Cars are complex machines with thousands if parts so no surprise the odd recall is necessary. That isn't to say it isn't also right to question their quality control and decisions on design and part selection, things often driven by budgets than the best engineering. The same can be said for the industry I work in (IT) and data breaches/hacks.

• 4 weeks later...

Another recall thread, great :yahoo:

I'm going to start another next week.

Can never have too many, is it laziness? Is it the need to ask lame and generally FSQ about issues that can easily be solved by doing on search via your web browser.

Surely it's quicker to search, I would have thought, than typing the question on this site and expecting someone else to do the search for you.

Sick to death of reading lame posts about lame issues particularly about consumables:

Q..."How much should I pay for a pollen filter"?

R..."They are cheap at ECP"

Q..."I don't like ECP, I'd rather pay for a Lexus part"

Q..."What oil should I use"?

A..."Offer on at ******""

Q..."I don't trust them"

On and on and on and on.........rant over. Ready for a warning point.

• Like 2

So a month on has anyone received a letter yet?

I have heard that certain Lexus motors have been recalled due to an airbag problem.

Does anyone know if the CT200h is involved ??

Ignoring the post below yours [emoji55] In response to your question, no, i haven't had a letter. I've a service due in September and am wondering if the airbag and fuel line problems will be dealt with then.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So a month on has anyone received a letter yet?

I haven't received anything yet too. I did phone Lexus UK but they said just wait until the official letters go out to all involved.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Verbout said:

Me, me, me Sir, I've had a letter. What do I do now?

It tells me I will be contacted, but what do I do, should I ring them? Should I?

:lol:

You don't have to read and reply to threads you aren't interested in :wink3:

• Like 1

I know Colin but I feel the need to take (the pizz) people to task every now and again for their lazy posting. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

25 minutes ago, Verbout said:

I know Colin but I feel the need to take (the pizz) people to task every now and again for their lazy posting. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sure asking for paint codes or tyre pressures again and again is lazy but asking if people have received a recall letter for a new recall? How is that lazy? It isn't like you can go back threads and find a record of it before it happened...

Surely posting a thread about a new recall is a public service to inform people that it has happened and what they need to do about it.

Rather than starting another thread on the topic I brought this one back up again as it keeps everything about the 2 latest recalls contained.Given that a month had gone by I expected some people might have received letters (I hadn't), given that if a fault is serious enough to warranty a recall then we have a right to have it carried out as soon as possible.

• Like 1

But the recall for both the "O" ring and the "Airbag" recall both have threads on here that are both live, and are regularly updated.

Even a basic search will bring these threads up. 

• Like 1

Me, me, me Sir, I've had a letter. What do I do now?

It tells me I will be contacted, but what do I do, should I ring them? Should I?

[emoji38]

You don't have to read and reply to threads you aren't interested in :wink3:

Ditto that comment [emoji42]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seems I must be very careful before I make a post in case someone else has said the same thing elsewhere and thus incur the wrath of Verbout.  (is that short for Verbal Boot ?)

I hear what you say Bluesman but to be fair I have to ask myself  "Can I be bothered to hang out in a place that has that sort of company and take the chance of being chastised? "  Frankly, no,  so I'm off.

Does it really matter that much Verbout?  And when you are the only one left here?

Bye Bye and thanks to all the others who have contributed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links