Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 300 Battery clamp bar. Anyone got one?

Hi guys, I'm recently back in the fold. After selling my old LS (big mistake) I immediately missed that Lex feeling and now I find myself in this RX300 2001.

She's  old and needs some TLC which I've already started on:

New alternator

New tyres

New brakes going on today

Front Sidelights (who made them so bloody awkward!!)

New wipers front and back.

Oil and filter change next week.

I need advice about gearbox oil change hopefully someone knows someone who is competent at doing them and understands the need for the correct tiv/3309 oil? Please drop me a line if anyone has suggestions. now I'm expecting something sarcastic from Bluesman!

Im currently trying to source a clamp that secures the Battery to the car, ie the bar that goes across the top of the Battery and bolts to bodywork.  If anyone is breaking an early 300 please let me know if you have the Battery securing bits for sale 😊

Anyway it's good to be back and I hope I can help people when the opportunity arrives.

Haha, hi Mike, I told you I would be back one day lol.

costing me a fortune this one, went in earlier today for new pads front and back, so far I've added new rear discs to that new shoes for parking brake and new parking brake cable ( not cheap lol) Still, at least it will be safe.

Well it turns out the previous owners certainly didn't look after the braking systems so I now have to doubt how legit the cam belt and water pump showing in the service log is. The rac bloke said the belt looked reasonably new still having white writing on etc but I'm a little uneasy now....  Will ring the garage alleged to have done it in the morning and cross body parts they do indeed have a record of doing it.