Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SO.. My much abused and now loved ls430 is ....

14 minutes ago, skyway said:

Hi Steve,

I put A reader on and it's not showing any codes at the moment. So I'm back to guesswork.

If I can't sort it in the next week I will drag it up north to an Indy recently mentioned on the forum .

What's the cps mate?

Crankshaft position sensor

36 minutes ago, skyway said:

Thank you I will look into it

The cps is a fairly common-ish problem and that was the first thing we replaced on my wife's car but the hopeless starting when hot continued, including breaking down in London!  I changed the coolant sensor and immediately all was fine, and all for £9.  The temperature gauge though still worked normally with the old sensor.

19 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

The cps is a fairly common-ish problem and that was the first thing we replaced on my wife's car but the hopeless starting when hot continued, including breaking down in London!  I changed the coolant sensor and immediately all was fine, and all for £9.  The temperature gauge though still worked normally with the old sensor.

The temperature gauge is fed from a seperate single wire sensor so that's why this still read correctly

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The temperature gauge is fed from a seperate single wire sensor so that's why this still read correctly

I did actually change her temperature gauge sensor a few weeks before as that had also gone kaput!  It's interesting that the cts is widely available (although I'm sure it fits other engines) which suggests its failure is not at all uncommon, otherwise they wouldn't be produced in large numbers methinks.

11 hours ago, skyway said:

Hi Stuart,

I only do long runs and no I have not used injector cleaner ever, have they ever clogged up on you?

unquote

Not clogged but helps pass the emissions test for MOT and should improve economy by using a petrol additive every now and then. I use Wynns.  I must have been lucky with the Nissens Rad as it cost one tenth the price of a Rad from Lexus. Read you are fixed up with a Denso so should solve one problem.

9 hours ago, skyway said:

Has anyone done one on a ls430 ... any idea where the little blighter is?

all i can see is instuctions for the 400

As far as I'm aware it's probably in the same place as the 400 on account of it being more or less the same engine as the MK4

• 2 weeks later...

Right then guys...... I ordered the coolant temp sensor and fitted it (nice and easy by the way).

Jobs a good en.  

Its starting a like a dream so thanks for the help.

just the aircon to fix now and the new denso radiator to fit I'm trying hard to motivate myself to fit the rad again.... will be the 4th time...and the aircon needs a cut n shut of the rear pipe and a refill.... then I guess we got to hope that the compressors and stuff is working.

Funny thing though cant seem to work out the gearbox oil level, after burning my hand many many times, running it though the gears then back to N hand brake on (yeah like that works) It seems to be splashed up the dip stick even if I clean it and re-dip again and again lol.

45 minutes ago, skyway said:

Right then guys...... I ordered the coolant temp sensor and fitted it (nice and easy by the way).

Jobs a good en.  

Its starting a like a dream so thanks for the help.

just the aircon to fix now and the new denso radiator to fit I'm trying hard to motivate myself to fit the rad again.... will be the 4th time...and the aircon needs a cut n shut of the rear pipe and a refill.... then I guess we got to hope that the compressors and stuff is working.

Funny thing though cant seem to work out the gearbox oil level, after burning my hand many many times, running it though the gears then back to N hand brake on (yeah like that works) It seems to be splashed up the dip stick even if I clean it and re-dip again and again lol.

Excellent, well done, and good info for anyone else with hot starting problems.

Thank mate could not of done it without you guys.

Does anyone have a picture or a link to one for the gearbox oil level bolt thingy. 

I am going to try a trans flush see if i can't really mess things up lol.

1 hour ago, skyway said:

I know that situation only too well.  Perhaps leave it for ten minutes after going through the gears, before checking the level.

I have a pump/ siphon thing which I shall try and use through ye old dipstick hole as it might be easier then crawling about on the floor(only get down there if I have too. getting to old).

Thanks steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links