Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 450h car accident

My RX 450H has been in an accident, as some one pulled out in front of me!

This is when I wished I had a recording camera in the front for insurance claims.

So far costs are mounting up for recovery and repair, also car hire costs as well. My own insurance have sub contracted out the claim, the junction was (unaware by me) controlled by traffic lights, that were not working. I was on the main A4 Bath road into Maidenhead and the other party was crossing that road. Police and ambulance were there quickly and I was assessed by a paramedic and although shocked was uninjured. But now I know why insurance is going up, as my own insurance company have tried to get me via some link up they have with a Legal team to report side affects of whip lash etc. Luckily no one was injured, but still they are contacting me in a few days as symptoms take time to develop.   As the lights were not working at the junction, there needs to be an acceptance by the other parties insurance who is at fault. 

The RAC were great in arranging recovery and hire car, we were returning to Wales later, witnesses appeared, people came out of houses to help, then 30 minutes later the council repaired the lights when contacted by police.

Wish I had a traffic camera fitted to record the crash....

Damage to my car.jpg

Hi jack

Hope you get things sorted quickly and relatively painlessly. The RX450 is a lovely looking car.

My personal view is that insurance is, on the whole, a massive money making scheme - in so many ways premium increases are entirely down to the insurance companies themselves. Everything seems to be subcontracted out (and each time no doubt a Margin is added), and everywhere there seems to be a claim for whiplash and physical injury.

I was hit by someone a couple of years ago, entirely their fault, but the first call you get is from the ambulance chasers, checking that you are ok, entirely focused on revenue, and not restitution.  The sad thing is so many people are prepared to cash in, in my personal opinion, fraudulently.

makes my blood boil.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear what's happened. The main thing is that no-one was injured so that's to be thankful for.

Hope you get sorted soon and without too much hassle. Some insurance companies are better than others in this regard.

The dashcam is a good idea, I've got one in my car for this very reason. Hope I don't need it anytime soon though!

Best of luck

• Like 2

Hi Rayaans

I am using Lexus Cardiff's approved bodyshop, FIX Auto Repair Cardiff do the work, which protects any warrantee on the vehicle.

Although the insurance agents wanted someone else do the work, I think this is my best option!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ddesign said:

Hi Rayaans

I am using Lexus Cardiff's approved bodyshop, FIX Auto Repair Cardiff do the work, which protects any warrantee on the vehicle.

Although the insurance agents wanted someone else do the work, I think this is my best option!

Good man!

Yes, I was going to say, dont trust the insurance companies bodyshop.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links