Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average ISF driver

49 and a banker. Bought my first Lexus as a one year experiment back in 2003 - an LS400 which 14 years later I still own.

On my 2nd ISF and also pursuaded my wife to buy a Rx450h. I love the reliability of the cars along with the great service from the dealers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAW said:

51 year old Senior Technician at a Consulting Engineers & Architects practice. 

To me good design & reliability should go hand in hand - the ISF was the natural choice and a breath of fresh air after running German cars for the previous 15 years. Shame this option wasn’t available sooner!!

@DAWSo David I've learnt my lesson with the German manufacturers over many years it was my choice to buy repeatedly Bmw and Porsche, I'd be lying if some of the cars didn't haven't very great aspects to them M3CSL - Engine.  Porsche 996 Turbo - Engine.

But in the overall scheme of things rubbish reliability poor build quality and mostly rubbish dealer service.

With the exception of Wellsway BMW in Bath

So if I'd done my homework for example to give one example should have bought an ex demo is-F and not the ex demo Bmw M5 E60.

Even the dealer and staff grew to hate that car 9.5k in warranty work in just over a year and look at the reputation of them now you'd need a skip load of cash to maintain repair out of warranty.

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

29, veterinary nurse. Have my own practice in Hereford. 

Will be the proud owner of my first ISF and third Lexus vehicle this weekend. 

Congratulations....

nearly 60 and do IT stuff. Had lots of cars over the years but the IS-F is the best all rounder i've ever had. I've put near 80k on it since I got it and apart from brakes and tyres, the only other thing that's happened is it might need a new shock absorber at the next service.... So I may actually get some use out of the warranty after all.

Seriously thinking about swapping for an RC-F next year given the way the prices are tumbling.... I know the GS-F drives better but they are still a bit expensive for me and I don't think the trade in on my car will hold up so well if it gets past 100k.

• Like 1

@JonP Well you’ve certainly used yours as intended, good to hear that reliability long term user confirmed.

I fully understand the RCF choice GSF for me when the time comes but only if the prices come down as well.

Otherwise I’d be more than happy with an RCF they are both IMO great cars.

Big Rat

Well, it has to be a lexus again after the last few years. I had a land cruiser that was as reliable but nothing else can touch it as a combination of performance and reliability. My mate changes his cars regularly and he's had no end of problems with Mercs and BMWs, though his latest is a 240 which seems to be working reasonably well. 

On 26/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, Big Rat said:

@DAWSo David I've learnt my lesson with the German manufacturers over many years it was my choice to buy repeatedly Bmw and Porsche, I'd be lying if some of the cars didn't haven't very great aspects to them M3CSL - Engine.  Porsche 996 Turbo - Engine.

But in the overall scheme of things rubbish reliability poor build quality and mostly rubbish dealer service.

With the exception of Wellsway BMW in Bath

So if I'd done my homework for example to give one example should have bought an ex demo is-F and not the ex demo Bmw M5 E60.

Even the dealer and staff grew to hate that car 9.5k in warranty work in just over a year and look at the reputation of them now you'd need a skip load of cash to maintain repair out of warranty.

🐀

It’s a shame because they build some great cars, but  my experience was very similar to yours with reliability issues, huge repair bills & some of the worst dealerships i’ve come across. That said my local Audi dealer was really excellent, which was a good thing given I had the worst bills & issues with both my A4’s.

• Like 1