Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 avto vibration while D,R....on

Robag

Hi Guys

Need help

Noticed a vibration on D or P gear while pressing the breaks...when the car is cold its not present...

Car goes like a bullet, changes gears as should...no vibration on N or P and while releasing the breaks...No errors or codes present..(have scanner with Lexus software on it)

Any ideas?Tnx

G

unfortunately, I am too far away.

I am not sure if lexus engine mounts are vaccum based or have an electronic motor in them. If vaccum, It might be the vaccum line got knocked off during some repair job or if electronic,  the wires got damaged or the connector needs cleaning. You can check out lexus is250 repair manual if you are a DIY person.

Did you had any exhaust work done recently? Did you had any repair work done to the car? How many miles?

Hi

No, no works on exhaust or repair...78000 miles...

what I noticed when I'm pressing the brakes some air leak noise coming out... sort of psss....and the pedal softness a bit...

I'm up for DIY job, but not sure will I be able to find and sort it out by myself...where I'm able to check what sort of mounts do IS250 has?

Are U a mechanic?

Thank you mate!!!

The wooshh sound might be normal. It is the brake servo. If it was leaking air you would have known. The brakes would be very hard to operate. I will check with my  is250 and let you know if I find it alarming.

No, I am not a mechanic. But I try to get my hands dirty. I had experince of using car motor mounts for some project so I just know that much. Other than, I was once going to change motor mounts on a mazda. They were hydrolic. Easy job but lexus will be quit complicated. Plus if it is the motor mount, you might need to hoist the engine. In case of mazda being simple design, I just lifted the entier engine using a plank of wood and a trolly jack. Thinking about it, it might not be DIY for lexus but you can try visual inspection before any conclusion. 

I have seen 4 types of motor mounts. Simple rubber, hydrolic, vaccum based and motor based. I am sure someone will post picture of a diagram soon here. I do not have access to the manual just now.

The exhasut; I noticed on someones car with a bad job that the exhuast was not free hanging and it caused vibration to travel through chasis. But this should not be true in your case.

...the mounts are simple rubber one...checked it in Japan...via VIN..(use to order OEM parts there)

Hope its gonna be the exhaust...

Anyway...a Big thank you for help!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links