Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Let us know how it goes, it seems the only obvious way to go (though I don't know why I haven't done it yet), because Lexus UK has something to lose, whilst dealers really have nothing to lose.

Will do mine tomorrow as well and we can see if we get the same result. 

Didn't get much done - was a touch away from making a formal complaint with Lexus UK, but the guy on the call persuaded me with the statement that some parts are already available and I would be better advised by a local dealer. I am thinking to call them back again later today and actually raise the complaint.

So the story is:

Lexus HO:

"we struggling to get parts in and we believe recall start very shortly, you will receive another letter. Some parts are already available in some dealership (I guess only for those who sued them) so we advise calling your local dealer to find out (obviously very apologetic)."

Lexus Southend:

"we don't have parts yet, don't even know which particular parts we need to have and don't have instructions how to proceed with recall (aka they don't even have TSIB instructions yet)." This is really strange, because I understand part availability for millions of cars worldwide is challenging to get, but instructions should be ready because of earlier recalls in US, so don't see what excuse they can use here. When pressed on the point that HO stated some parts are already available: "Please wait for a second I will check with my parts department and Lexus Technical adviser - 5min later - sorry, I have confirmed we don't have parts, I was told it will be ~ August-October (very apologetic)".

Lexus Woodford:

"we don't have parts yet, don't even know which particular parts we need to have and don't have instructions how to proceed with recall (same story here)". When pressed on the point that HO stated some parts are already available: "nothing I am aware of, I was told September 2 weeks ago by Lexus rep, so I suggest you call back us later this year (almost ignorant)".

My next step - I will call back HO and ask them to comment on TSIB issue, because it is ridiculous that dealerships to the date don't know what they about to do, what parts they need and how long it is going to take. I can accept logistical issues on getting parts, but sending e-mail from US Lexus to UK Lexus with instructions... there are no excuses. 

21 minutes ago, peachy said:

I think by the time they get round to replacing the airbags all the cars affected will be classics. 

It seems that is their plan... 

4 minutes ago, Barry Lavin said:

So much for premium brands and they are all the same. Just got a new 5 series , no front fog lights ( optional extra :wacko:) how mean can you get.

Isn't that legal requirement in UK?

4 minutes ago, Barry Lavin said:

So much for premium brands and they are all the same. Just got a new 5 series , no front fog lights ( optional extra :wacko:) how mean can you get.

That is the germans for you. Options lists are huge on their vehicles. Lexus are good value on the standard cars, only exception is stereo upgrade.

49 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

That is the germans for you. Options lists are huge on their vehicles. Lexus are good value on the standard cars, only exception is stereo upgrade.

Was good... I would say. Current, models quite average in terms of standard equipment and poor in terms of optional.

@royoftherovers @dougie175 - did I confused that with rear fogs?

7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Was good... I would say. Current, models quite average in terms of standard equipment and poor in terms of optional.

@royoftherovers @dougie175 - did I confused that with rear fogs?

Yeah rear fogs are a legal requirement in the UK front fogs are not

• Like 1

Heard back from Lexus UK. The recall is happening but won't start until "late summer 2017" because of the wait for parts. If that helps anyone

• Like 2

I message Lexus UK via twitter and I got a call back today saying they don't have any parts yet for the IS at this moment but like above they have said late summer 2017 it will start. This must be the new corporate line they are using. 

Lexus Leeds said today that they been doing it since Xmas (I know thus as a mate with a 250 had his done in Jan with a full valet too!) but they check on a date for my 220 and said I'm due for recall but haven't had the info from central yet? Lol but they said there on it and hopefully they can proceed very soon 

• 1 month later...

Finally....Just had the call.

Looks like parts are in..... I'm booked in for the 11th Aug. @ Cov Lexus.

5-6 hours dash out.

Shims for dash squeak being replaced as standard.

Courtesy car.... no collect & deliver being offered.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 2

I was a Lexus Lincoln for a minor warranty issue on my F sport and asked about the outstanding air bag recall for my 220d and my 200d, no parts and no estimated delivery as yet !

220D Is now for sale so will have to pass on that good news when its sold !

1 hour ago, 999101999 said:

I was a Lexus Lincoln for a minor warranty issue on my F sport and asked about the outstanding air bag recall for my 220d and my 200d, no parts and no estimated delivery as yet !

220D Is now for sale so will have to pass on that good news when its sold !

What car will you be buying next @999101999 will you be staying with lexus?

I traded in my 220d last year for the 250. Best thing I ever did. 

• Like 1

I have just bought my IS220D F Sport last week and really love it. Despite the lack of an airbag replacement :-)  This will be my last diesel, two years and retire to a CT200 Hybrid I guess. I shall always stick with Lexus as the brand is excellent.  The airbag issue is a major worry long term, it's such an enormous volume of replacements required worldwide !   This may take a while to resolve and its already being going on far too long !  Rather like the IS250  peachy, lovely drive

• Like 1