Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi al

I have given up on Lexus and sold mine. The noises and rattles from the dash has got ridiculous, plus I had a loose metal bar in the roof above the passenger door. Despite being 50 miles it sounded like it was falling apart. I also felt the front suspension was badly worn (despite my local dealer saying no issues. I needed the airbag recall as a way to get the dash off and fix  some stuff but after a number of conversations with Lexus I had no confidence it would happen.

Even using Lexus for the minimum of work the cost of fixing these issues was a quarter of the value of the car.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, dougie175 said:

Also know as swirls added to your bodywork at no extra cost

Sometimes they are ok, but last time when I did my Service at Woodford Lexus they were very busy and it seems have outsourced the work to some dodgy local hand wash ( for probably £3).... I don't know about the swirls but even automatic car wash does better job at washing the car.

@djkenn - sad to see you going, I must agree IS250 has bit crashy suspension if you go over speed bumps, it is fine if you hit pot hole with one wheel, but if you hit speed bump running across the road (or those little joints on the bridges), that really feels and sounds bad. The other issues seems odd - I have crack sound in front panel, but that literally happens once after ~20 min of driving and that is it, not other strange sounds, nothing around passenger in the roof. But it is fair to say I am very disappointed with how Lexus deals with this airbag issue. I remember fuel seal recall ... was very professional - received the letter, called the dealer was booked for work 3 weeks later + courtesy car... this time around it is real safety issue and they kicking it around for more than a year. 

• Like 1

Had the fuel seal recall done today - was asked to book my car in for the airbag recall while in the service department but didn't know suitable dates at the time but will be calling them back tomorrow to book it in.

According to the chassis number only the passenger side needs to be done (on mine anyway)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

According to the chassis number only the passenger side needs to be done (on mine anyway)

That is the case to all of mk2 IS (250, 350, 220d, -F)

19 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

That's interesting.... looking forward to mine being done now, see if they tidy up the wiring for my dashcam, which is routed through the passenger pillar!

Are you sure your one is up for it? I believe it was 2008 - 2012 only. Though I guess 2013 might refer to your RX? 

My one goes trough passenger pillar as well, however I don't believe this has anything to do with pillar at all, only with airbag in console.

3 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Had the fuel seal recall done today - was asked to book my car in for the airbag recall while in the service department but didn't know suitable dates at the time but will be calling them back tomorrow to book it in.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'll be ringing my local dealer to see if they've dropped the don't have a clue act, in favour of looking like a company who actually gives a toss about their customers.

I remember calling lexus bristol last year who assured me the passenger airbag issue will taking place early April this year. I called again in April and was told the work would commence mid June. Called again June and was told they expect the parts late July. 

We are now well into august and still no word. I've just about given up hope now 😔

11 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I remember calling lexus bristol last year who assured me the passenger airbag issue will taking place early April this year. I called again in April and was told the work would commence mid June. Called again June and was told they expect the parts late July. 

We are now well into august and still no word. I've just about given up hope now 😔

You can always do the valet yourself  :wink3: :wink3:

Just had a call from Lexus Carlisle, my parts were on order with Lexus but they have now been put on hold apparently as there have been so many orders from Lexus!

She said the only way people are getting them done is by complaining to Lexus!

Well, that can't be true because I have just had a call from Lexus Reading and my car is booked in for next wednesday.  It was the first time I have spoken to someone about it.

Yeah it will be a full dash out job! Nightmare job to be honest, not really to happy about having my dash taken out clips and plastic break very easily but want the car to be safe!

The guy did say they need it for the whole day and it would be at least 5-6 hours.  My dash is currently silent, so I will not be happy if it starts making any noises after the airbag is done.

23 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Are you sure your one is up for it? I believe it was 2008 - 2012 only. Though I guess 2013 might refer to your RX? 

My one goes trough passenger pillar as well, however I don't believe this has anything to do with pillar at all, only with airbag in console.

2008-2012 you say? So does this apply to the IS250 and does anyone have details of VIN numbers involved?

Cheers paul  m.

Just now, Texas said:

2008-2012 you say? So does this apply to the IS250 and does anyone have details of VIN numbers involved?

Cheers paul  m.

Well... yes that mainly applies to IS250... I would guess for this particular recall 95% of the cars in UK will be 250's, 4.99% 220's and probably 0.01% IS-Fs. Actually when I say 2008-2012... that is what Lexus originally estimated as far as I know, but any mk2 IS can potentially be up for it.

You can check your VIN for recall here (there is Lexus branded site, but this works better for some reason): 

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?_ga=2.192445418.1977377430.1502304161-1651705302.1502304161

(Lexus):

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?lexus=true&_ga=2.10018358.209777474.1502304212-984047573.1500059168

Just on side not found this one - apparently in US Lexus recalling SC430 as well ( I was not aware they doing this in UK):

https://www.toyota.com/recall/takata

all  mk2  IS models  ... but you can goto the Lexus website and check   (mine is 20012 Is200d).

I'm very hsppy it involves full dashboard re-fit ... they can't do a worse job than the factory, creaks and rattles like badly fitting lego .... Lexus refused to look at mine under warranty, but maybe this is the chance to finally get them to look at it (hopefully I get to choose a different dealer than I have experienced before)

1 hour ago, jumbojake said:

all  mk2  IS models  ... but you can goto the Lexus website and check   (mine is 20012 Is200d).

I'm very hsppy it involves full dashboard re-fit ... they can't do a worse job than the factory, creaks and rattles like badly fitting lego .... Lexus refused to look at mine under warranty, but maybe this is the chance to finally get them to look at it (hopefully I get to choose a different dealer than I have experienced before)

Wooow you have quite a new one there...

In terms of refitting dashboard I doubt they do better job than factory, but you have upper hand here - if it continue to make noises you can always claim it is because they not refitted it well after replacing airbag. Because there is existing TSIB for this particular issues they will have no option to do it right eventually. I believe it was some issue with some poor quality shims and grommets which gets loose when panel is expanding and contracting (or rather body around panel). 

Same here fore me - original owner did not get this fixed under warranty and when new and now when it is out of warranty Lexus won't accept it.

On 08/08/2017 at 10:30 PM, Rebecca said:

I also use Lexus Bristol and was told in April that they would contact me when parts became available, still waiting.

45 minutes ago, Gramera flash said:

I also use Lexus Bristol and was told in April that they would contact me when parts became available, still waiting.

You have to call them - surely they will sort out the ones who call themselves first.

In reply to an email I sent to Lexus this morning .... I have been advised that Sept/Oct is a possibly/maybe/ain't got a clue really start point .... so perhaps contact us again then.

I'm not holding my breath.

Strange really .. Lexus said in the letter I have (from July 2016) that they would be contacting me 'soon'.

With the best will in the world ......... 13 months with not a word .... does not qualify as soon. Oh, and it's a Safety Issue recall .... really!!!!

• Like 2