Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its a great brand Lexus, wonderfull cars, some really great dealers, some not so wonderful, the airbag recall is a massive worldwide issue, BUT, agree with Normski2,  communication is relatively inexpensive, even if Lexus don't have an immediate solution due to supply then an email or call would go a long way to say " Clients , we are sorry and we do care" !!!!!

• Like 1

popped into Tunbridge Wells today (about somehting else), but asked about the recall in passing.  Was told the parts are 'nearly' available, and to wait for the phone call ... very polite response, but I got the feeling he'd been asked quite a few times already!

4 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

By the looks of it, I may be wrong, they are concentrating on the older cars first for the recall?

Brother in law had his avensis 54 plate done. Took one and a half hours, that was early in the year.

19 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Brother in law had his avensis 54 plate done. Took one and a half hours, that was early in the year.

I have been quoted 3 hours for mine - I think that's good going to have the work done - was the reason I asked before if the full dash was being removed

The company went bust, i bet all american vehicles have been done. Its like the Vw scandle, america payed out Uk got nothing Our government

should insist they are done. Its a safety issue for sure i have turned mine off. 

• Like 1

Still a no go for me I'm guessing they are maybe looking after their loyal customers first rather than someone like me who services my own car and buys the service items from Toyota instead

• Like 2

It is true that I get my car serviced at Lexus, but I suspect that certain dealers are getting parts before others and I got lucky that Lexus Reading was one of them.

Unless someone else also has their car serviced there and hasn't had a call?

Very true i would agree certain dealerships will probably get preferential treatment based on who sells more cars no doubt. 

Maybe even down to how pro active the service manager is in a dealership

I think you raise a good point re dealership sales activity as well as how proactive the service manager is. My experience in CNH/Iveco & Fiat Industries is that Service management that worked well with factory zone managers can get a lot done regarding out of warranty policy claims as well as resolving parts shortages. !

• Like 1

I can't really tell you how long it took since they had my car for two days.

I was told on the phone that it would take 4-5 hours, which I suppose is plausible considering how much grief it must be to take the dash out.

14 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Had mine done yesterday.

All seems ok, for now.  Gonna keep my ears peeled for any dash creaks.

How is your general feeling - did they take extra care doing it or rushed it a little bit? Any scratches, cracks around console? Any extras (I am not expecting complete new dash and door cards like in US.. but still)..

Had mine completed today, dash out.

They are completing the airbag replacement, renewing or adding the dash fitting that have been an issue previously with dash squeak.

I had the AC crack fix done (£5 kit no labour as dash out) maybe a bit churlish to charge me for the kit!? as been a previous recall.

Covering on pillars intact no damage all seems quiet & ok up to now just driving back from dealer.

Job done hopefully.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 3

Crack fix was TSIB not recall, so if fixed under warranty should not incur charge, the reason for charge is that car is out of warranty, though considering general disappointment with recall timelines it would be sensible from them to wave it.

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, Linas.P said:

How is your general feeling - did they take extra care doing it or rushed it a little bit? Any scratches, cracks around console? Any extras (I am not expecting complete new dash and door cards like in US.. but still)..

Sorry for the late reply - I was unconscious having surgery done to my back when you sent this message. :smile:

As far as I can tell, nothing seemed any different than before, which in my case is good since I didn't have any issues previously.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to drive mine for a week or so, so I can't comment on how it is now.

And no, no extra's.  I was hoping for perhaps some free fuel, but it was returned exactly as it went in.  Not that I am that bothered really since I had a loan car to use in the meantime, so the inconvenience was minimal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Sorry for the late reply - I was unconscious having surgery done to my back when you sent this message. :smile:

Really not sure what you are sorry about? :wink3: Thanks for reply and I will set my expectation.. 

• Like 1

Got my one booked for recall next Tuesday, as mentioned before I was not very happy with Woodford Lexus, but to be fair for them they were very helpful this time around. The next available date with loan car was like 11th of September, but when I asked them if the can do it before the end of August they managed to fit me in for Tuesday 29th. As my car is going to be in for recall I booked 80k+ miles full service as well.

Will let you know how it goes.

Airbag work was done yesterday

Dropped car off at 9am and work was complete by 11:00am. The dash did not need to come off - work was undertaken on the passenger side with access to the airbag from under the dashboard from the passenger side.

On a separate note - I had a loan car (2017 CT200 hybrid) - very nice inside but I was very disappointed from the noise in the car, specifically road noise and a few other engine noises, considering my car is almost 11 years old, mine is quieter than a new one!!

That is odd considering they told me they needed to remove my dash.

It would also explain why I found a screwdriver in my drivers side foot well that a technician left.  After all, if the work involved was only under the passenger side, why was there a screwdriver on the other side of my car?  They even knew where he had left it cause I got a call from the dealer the next day asking for me to look for it there.

5 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

That is odd considering they told me they needed to remove my dash.

It would also explain why I found a screwdriver in my drivers side foot well that a technician left.  After all, if the work involved was only under the passenger side, why was there a screwdriver on the other side of my car?  They even knew where he had left it cause I got a call from the dealer the next day asking for me to look for it there.

I would not call that expert workman ship. Also does not mean all the dash has been out either. I can not see why all the dash should be removed.

It states near side air bag, trouble with Lexus every thing they do is over a day long. Does not mean it took that long to fix, can not see why one took a couple

of hours and another all day. Unless the lass on the service desk is fixing it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links