Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

8 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

Wonder if they found a better way of doing the job. I suppose once they have done a good few they will find a better way and advise all Lexus garages to do it that way to save time and get more cars done. 

Hope they still washed your car and gave fuel? 

No Fuel but did wash car but was nothing to shout home about - water streaks etc

1 hour ago, joelfigueira said:

Wonder if they found a better way of doing the job. I suppose once they have done a good few they will find a better way and advise all Lexus garages to do it that way to save time and get more cars done. 

Hope they still washed your car and gave fuel? 

Yep........ And advised me to top up the fuel used in the courtesy car.....that didn't happen.    :)

Lexus Wolverhampton are so mean 😬

Had my airbag replaced today at Lexus Wolverhampton. No carwash, no valet, no fuel top up and no tub of sweets waiting for me on the passenger seat 😓

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Lexus Wolverhampton are so mean 😬

Had my airbag replaced today at Lexus Wolverhampton. No carwash, no valet, no fuel top up and no tub of sweets waiting for me on the passenger seat 😓

So,give them -5 stars on your review !

I agree Rebecca, that's not good at all, Lexus service fail right there . Whilst I have had a few gripes at my own dealer I have to give them credit for always trying.  The wash/valet and fuel I thought was a given these days !

• Like 1

All done and dusted. Lexus Poole did a good job as far as I can tell.

Happy to report the dash is still quiet as a mouse. Car was washed and valeted. TBH I would not have expected any more....I certainly did not expect any fuel top up. As far as I know that only applies when they did the fuel system O ring.

I had a brand new IS300h for a day as a loaner .... I'm just glad to have the recall done at long last.

Anyone had their recall done at Lexus Bristol Yet? And if so what are your thoughts as mine is yet to be done and not yet booked it in anywhere and don't expect a call from any Lexus dealer to get in touch as I have only owned the car since Aug this year!

paul m.

Edited by Texas
Spellings!

Firstly, have you had a letter from Lexus advising of the recall. If not then you are not on their database. Phone them and get them to update their details of ownership for your vehicle. This may well involve having to take your logbook sheet and your passport to verify who you are and the vehicle  etc etc.

You will ....eventually......get another letter from Lexus advising to contact your branch to arrange the recall work on the airbag. I doubt anyone will call you as such.

Hope that helps.

On 17/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, 999101999 said:

I agree Rebecca, that's not good at all, Lexus service fail right there . Whilst I have had a few gripes at my own dealer I have to give them credit for always trying.  The wash/valet and fuel I thought was a given these days !

They did Wash&Vac mine, thought it might be coincidence as I have done Major service with them at the same time. No extra fuel - I guess that was only for fuel seal recall. Coffee and cookies were delicious inside the showroom!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

They did Wash&Vac mine, thought it might be coincidence as I have done Major service with them at the same time. No extra fuel - I guess that was only for fuel seal recall. Coffee and cookies were delicious inside the showroom!

As mentioned earlier, I got fuel, valet, coffee, biscuits, pastries, loan car and a newspaper when I had airbag done.

Well.... I got loan car as well... but maybe lets not revisit that topic :whistling:

They did pastries in the morning, but I was in rush so just had cookies and Lexus branded candies... I feel like valet is must, fuel only if you travelled far to dealership - after all that is because of them, not just something you do for fun.

My is220d was in a couple of weeks ago and I got a hybrid loan car, car was completely valeted and £25 of fuel was added, only complaint was they put supermarket diesel in and when I had my egr cleaned they told me that I should only use BP Ultimate etc. Needless to say quite a bit of squirming when I pointed this out lol

Overall though Lexus of Teesside always go the extra mile, well done Lexus! 

On 18/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, Texas said:

Anyone had their recall done at Lexus Bristol Yet? And if so what are your thoughts as mine is yet to be done and not yet booked it in anywhere and don't expect a call from any Lexus dealer to get in touch as I have only owned the car since Aug this year!

paul m.

Mine is going in on Monday 

7 hours ago, acer54 said:

My is220d was in a couple of weeks ago and I got a hybrid loan car, car was completely valeted and £25 of fuel was added, only complaint was they put supermarket diesel in and when I had my egr cleaned they told me that I should only use BP Ultimate etc. Needless to say quite a bit of squirming when I pointed this out lol

Overall though Lexus of Teesside always go the extra mile, well done Lexus! 

Car went in today at Teeside and it’s still in I get back tomorrow at 11. They have advised me of the health check and all was good on that front, £25 pounds of diesel and I will see tomorrow if it’s has a valet.

Hire car is a CT200h I actually like it but would not swap it for my IS220d 

16 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Car went in today at Teeside and it’s still in I get back tomorrow at 11. They have advised me of the health check and all was good on that front, £25 pounds of diesel and I will see tomorrow if it’s has a valet.

My IS250 going into the garage for airbag recall on 31st.

No Lexus dealer in Aberdeen....so it's into Toyota garage....bet loaner is an Aygo..lol.

Getting an exhaust problem (split seal) checked as well and they said we will charge £99 if it turns out not to be under warranty....I said well I ain't paying that.....supose it is an Arnold Clark Toyota dealership but c'mon boys.

Doubt I will get anything but will let you all know.

23 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Got my car back was waiting outside looking nice and clean and was hoovered.

really good service from Teeside can’t fault them at all. 

Dropped mine yesterday for service and airbag recall at lexus Woodford, gave me ct200h 67 plate did ask for is300h but was told that v only supply ct model maybe next time try lexus Sidcup. took it to Oxford yesterday absolutely useless underpowered car only good if you use sports mode in hybrid mode it's gutless, suspension is rubbish as jump like a kangaroo :biggrin:. you  can feel every bump. It's a granny car and if u want to save cost then it's OK but I never buy 1  and only good thing is got Bluetooth for phone and can listen to music via Bluetooth. Boy was i glad picked my is250. Service was quite good wash @ vacuum it too but no fuel. Was offered tea biscuits plus also had kit kat there 

All good no problems found 

Rear tyres put budget but Avon are not budget or are they.??????? 

5 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Dropped mine yesterday for service and airbag recall at lexus Woodford, gave me ct200h 67 plate did ask for is300h but was told that v only supply ct model maybe next time try lexus Sidcup. took it to Oxford yesterday absolutely useless underpowered car only good if you use sports mode in hybrid mode it's gutless, suspension is rubbish as jump like a kangaroo :biggrin:. you  can feel every bump. It's a granny car and if u want to save cost then it's OK but I never buy 1  and only good thing is got Bluetooth for phone and can listen to music via Bluetooth. Boy was i glad picked my is250. Service was quite good wash @ vacuum it too but no fuel. Was offered tea biscuits plus also had kit kat there 

All good no problems found 

Rear tyres put budget but Avon are not budget or are they.??????? 

You can buy a dongle thing on eBay for about a fiver which will give you Bluetooth in a non-bluetooth equipped IS250. Works like a charm.

And I wonder if they would describe Avon Tyres on a Roller as 'budget' It's whaht they put for mine, too - I have Avons all round. I guess it's because you didn't pay Lexus inflated tyre prices - even more expensive than Nitrogen!:smile:

On 24/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, johnatg said:

You can buy a dongle thing on eBay for about a fiver which will give you Bluetooth in a non-bluetooth equipped IS250. Works like a charm.

And I wonder if they would describe Avon tyres on a Roller as 'budget' It's whaht they put for mine, too - I have Avons all round. I guess it's because you didn't pay Lexus inflated tyre prices - even more expensive than Nitrogen!:smile:

Good tyres from Avon or Cooper , would never describe either as budget for their performance/cost.

On 24/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, johnatg said:

And I wonder if they would describe Avon tyres on a Roller as 'budget' It's whaht they put for mine, too - I have Avons all round. I guess it's because you didn't pay Lexus inflated tyre prices - even more expensive than Nitrogen!:smile:

I've received my letter to get the airbag done and need to book it on with Lexus Cardiff probbaly in 3 or 4 weeks time.

Tell me about this Bluetooth dongle please. I;m currently using an in car kit independent of the stereo.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, markrose said:

Mines was done yesterday 2009 250 

collected and returned to work , valet but no fuel this time 

advised I need new brake calipers 😩

but this is going through the extended warranty 😁 so that was worth the money 👍👍👍

all is 250,s need new brake calipers from the day they leave to factory