Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

50 minutes ago, Tyre Tread said:

I've received my letter to get the airbag done and need to book it on with Lexus Cardiff probbaly in 3 or 4 weeks time.

Tell me about this bluetooth dongle please. I;m currently using an in car kit independent of the stereo.

Breakout to a new topic - Bluetooth dongle for music.

mine airbag recall "probably" was done yesterday in about 4h but I am not sure cus they should disconect Battery but when i went to car, radio was on same play track as i left, windows were programed and i am not sure what about clock but mine before was set about 2-3 min forward, 

anyway they washed car, cleaned interior and put fuel for 25 quids and performance is maybe quite better.

Airbag recall completed by Lexus Teesside, they also replaced the dashboard clips after I mentioned I was relying on felt pads stuffed between the dash and windscreen to stop it rattling. Drove it last night on an 80 mile round trip and all seems well, no rattles from the dash at all - so very pleased. They do disconnect the Battery as my seat memory settings were gone and the technician must have been about 6'6" so I couldn't reach the pedals when I got back in the car 

Got a CT200h as a loan for the day, which seems standard for the recall, and when I collected my car I had been given a free valet (on the invoice) and I also got fuel (not on invoice) - went in with about a 1/4 tank and it had just over 1/2 a tank on pickup - so it's funny how some are getting fuel while others don't?

However, the health check condemned my rear tyres - tread was OK but they were showing some cuts and cracks and they've also diagnosed a stuck rear brake caliper. They were suprisingly competitive with the tyre quote so got those sorted but I'm going to get a second opinion on the caliper issue.

They no doubt told you that you need a new caliper. You almost certainly don't - just get the pins greased. But check the discs too, especially the inner faces - I reckon they diagnose stuck calipers from rust on the discs - it's only a visual health check after all.

13 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Airbag recall completed by Lexus Teesside, they also replaced the dashboard clips after I mentioned I was relying on felt pads stuffed between the dash and windscreen to stop it rattling. Drove it last night on an 80 mile round trip and all seems well, no rattles from the dash at all - so very pleased. They do disconnect the battery as my seat memory settings were gone and the technician must have been about 6'6" so I couldn't reach the pedals when I got back in the car 

Got a CT200h as a loan for the day, which seems standard for the recall, and when I collected my car I had been given a free valet (on the invoice) and I also got fuel (not on invoice) - went in with about a 1/4 tank and it had just over 1/2 a tank on pickup - so it's funny how some are getting fuel while others don't?

However, the health check condemned my rear tyres - tread was OK but they were showing some cuts and cracks and they've also diagnosed a stuck rear brake caliper. They were suprisingly competitive with the tyre quote so got those sorted but I'm going to get a second opinion on the caliper issue.

Regarding fuel if you have room in your tank they will put up to £25 pounds worth in when I was speaking to the technician from Teeside.

yes I think the person who is doing the dash work must be tall as my seat was all right back.

did you get the dark red CT?

11 minutes ago, johnatg said:

They no doubt told you that you need a new caliper. You almost certainly don't - just get the pins greased. But check the discs too, especially the inner faces - I reckon they diagnose stuck calipers from rust on the discs - it's only a visual health check after all.

@johnatg Agreed, I'm going to get a second opinion next week. Don't have the skills or drive space to do the work myself.

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Airbag recall completed by Lexus Teesside, they also replaced the dashboard clips after I mentioned I was relying on felt pads stuffed between the dash and windscreen to stop it rattling. Drove it last night on an 80 mile round trip and all seems well, no rattles from the dash at all - so very pleased. ...

Hope Lexus Cardiff are as accommodating as my dash rattles badly intermittently.

@Tyre Tread I would ring them and ask if they have to remove dashboard (some dealers are saying they only need to remove the glove box) - if they confirm then ask nicely and you will probably get a good result.

Good Luck!

1 minute ago, bobmc said:

@Tyre Tread I would ring them and ask if they have to remove dashboard (some dealers are saying they only need to remove the glove box) - if they confirm then ask nicely and you will probably get a good result.

Good Luck!

I'll do that and let you know the outcome. Thanks.

Mine is going back for a second time because of a dash rattle that has appeared since my airbag was done.

The first time it went back they said it was the instrument cluster that was causing the noise and added some padding.  Strange thing is, the noise went away for a couple of weeks, but it is now back.

Lexus Reading have been good about it though and booked it back in without question.

I rang Lexus Cardiff today to book my car in and the earliest they can do is mid December so mine is booked for 27th December as I'm off work

The service advisor said they will need the car all day so I asked about replacing the dashboard clips to cure the rattles. Lady said she'd not heard about this but said she would check and come back to me.

12 hours ago, Tyre Tread said:

I rang Lexus Cardiff today to book my car in and the earliest they can do is mid December so mine is booked for 27th December as I'm off work

The service advisor said they will need the car all day so I asked about replacing the dashboard clips to cure the rattles. Lady said she'd not heard about this but said she would check and come back to me.

Sounds hopeful :)

Just received my car back after the airbag recall. All seemed well until I noticed that the heated/cooled seat controls are no longer illuminated. The red and green lights come one when switched on but I am sure that the control should stay illuminated when the head lights are on.

Please can someone confirm or am I just going mad?

Ps, got a CT200h executive as the loan car - still prefer the IS over CT ;)

Thanks,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, i_786_i said:

Just received my car back after the airbag recall. All seemed well until I noticed that the heated/cooled seat controls are no longer illuminated. The red and green lights come one when switched on but I am sure that the control should stay illuminated when the head lights are on.

Please can someone confirm or am I just going mad?

Ps, got a CT200h executive as the loan car - still prefer the IS over CT ;)

Thanks,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

They are illuminated on mine

They are illuminated on mine
Yep they should've been illuminated, so took it back to Lexus who have agreed to fix the light... But now need to wait til they can fit me in.

Just noticed that Lexus Teesside tidied up my dashcam wiring while they had the dash removed.

When I'd installed the cable, I couldn't manage to run it down the a-pillar on the windscreen side and took the easier route under the rubber trim on the doorside and back into the dash under the side panel where the airbag switch is. This did mean there was a short length of cable visible as it entered the dash but now you can't see the cable at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that the passenger side heated seats not working any more. The light comes on in the centre console but no heat. 

Does anyone know, do the seats get removed during the recall. Lexus Teesside are denying it's anything to do the recall.......:unsure:

13 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Just noticed that the passenger side heated seats not working any more. The light comes on in the centre console but no heat. 

Does anyone know, do the seats get removed during the recall. Lexus Teesside are denying it's anything to do the recall.......:unsure:

I do not think they do my passenger seat was all the way back, when my car came back. I suppose different dealers have there own way of doing things.

Have you had a look under the seat to see if the wires have been pulled. Just make sure the plugs are in tight.

Hi interesting reading your experiences on this topic , I,m glad the programme is progressing but I received the letter from Lexus recall on 21 July 2016 . I have just rung the freephone recall line for an update and the reply is the passenger airbag parts for my vehicle are still not available !!!  .

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tyre Tread said:

Since I hadn't heard back from Lexus Cardiff I gave them a call the other day and spoke to the lovely Charlotte who said she hadn't forgotten about my enquiry re the clips but had spoken to the service manager who said it could be one of several types of clips. The problem being they can't return clips if they're not the right ones and they don't want to order all of them.

I suggested that if the clips are cheap then I'd be happy to buy some of all of the types for the sake of £20 or so. I was told that some of the clips are £5 each.

Is it just me being cynical or am I being fobbed off.

Can anyone confirm what clips were the upgraded ones by Lexus please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2017 at 10:06 PM, Tyre Tread said:

Since I hadn't heard back from Lexus Cardiff I gave them a call the other day and spoke to the lovely Charlotte who said she hadn't forgotten about my enquiry re the clips but had spoken to the service manager who said it could be one of several types of clips. The problem being they can't return clips if they're not the right ones and they don't want to order all of them.

I suggested that if the clips are cheap then I'd be happy to buy some of all of the types for the sake of £20 or so. I was told that some of the clips are £5 each.

Is it just me being cynical or am I being fobbed off.

Can anyone confirm what clips were the upgraded ones by Lexus please?

Just had a message from Lexus Cardiff to say they've identified the clips and they are £25 so they've ordered them and have a loan car ready for 27th for me 

• 3 weeks later...

Had mine done this week .... no new rattles so far (but plenty before it went in, so couldn't be much worse)

I got a IS300 loan car ... nice to drive, not very comfortable, very crampt compared to my IS200d.... seats felt very cheap.

As for my car, seems ok .... they gave it a quick wash and vac ... didn't clean the wheels, and some new dirty finger prints on the cream pillars :sad: ... I'll have to figure out a way to clean them without damaging the surface.

Didn't get any fuel ... actually, much got the car back with  less than I left it with  ... .although they disabled my dashcam for most of the work (little footage), I could see for the wash and vac the engine was running... good 20mins of fuel burnt for no obvious reason :angry: