Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

Had mine done this week .... no new rattles so far (but plenty before it went in, so couldn't be much worse)

I got a IS300 loan car ... nice to drive, not very comfortable, very crampt compared to my IS200d.... seats felt very cheap.

As for my car, seems ok .... they gave it a quick wash and vac ... didn't clean the wheels, and some new dirty finger prints on the cream pillars :sad: ... I'll have to figure out a way to clean them without damaging the surface.

Didn't get any fuel ... actually, much got the car back with  less than I left it with  ... .although they disabled my dashcam for most of the work (little footage), I could see for the wash and vac the engine was running... good 20mins of fuel burnt for no obvious reason :angry:

Same here when I took the wife's 250 in at Lexus Birmingham for the airbag recall. 

8 miles had been added to the clock.

I was a little impatient waiting for my letter regarding the airbag recall after 5 months of ownership and two emails to Lexus so I emailed the service manager from the Lexus dealer in Lincoln where I purchased the car.

Fair play, 48 hrs later email response  , parts on order and appointment made for three weeks time.  Be interesting to see if it comes back clean and with fuel added as Its a 65 mile round trip!

At least it's now work in progress!

I asked the Lexus dealer to change the dash clips while changing the airbag to try and stop the squeaky/creaky dash. 

Initially they claimed the service receptionist said didn't know about the creaking dash issue then after speaking to the workshop manager said they didn't know which clips would need changing. I said I'd happily pay for them to order in all of the clips if they were £25 quid or so and change them all as they did the airbag.

After more consultation they said that to order all of the clips would be expensive as some were £5 each! But said they'd look into it further.

I got a call back a week or so later to say that they had identified the clips and were happy to change them if I paid for them. Asked how much. Bizarrely £25! I agreed.

I took the car in for for the airbag on 27th December  and some 500 miles later the dash has been silent.

Well worth £25!

Seems they must have put some fuel in my car but didn't tell me as I monitor my MPG using a phone app and the last tankful gave me 45MPG when I usually get mid to high 30's.

Wasn't impressed with the loan CT200h though.

Airbag recall done at Toyota Aberdeen.

Loan car was Aygo, washed and hoovered...wish I'd seen the clips post above before it was done...never mind.

No petrol but then it was a Toyota dealer.

Just had the airbag recall done on my car at Lexus Edinburgh.

Free loan car was a brand-new CT200h F-Sport which looked quite nice in white with gloss black roof and the red/black interior. Seemed decent enough, but I don't think I'd ever want to buy one. :tongue:

CT200h-01.thumb.jpg.7c37c51df2e9c5330d18d554c2d28db3.jpg

Anyway, job completed with no apparent issues or damage done. Free health check returned greens across the board and the car had been washed, vacuumed and had £25 worth of fuel put in it. There was also a bottle of Lexus water in the cup holder when I picked it up. :thumbsup:

LexusWater.thumb.jpg.e31c860d8219157922ac83ce46cca661.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Car in for the Airbag recall and all good.   Arrived at 08.00, loan car Ct200 Sport. Three and a half hours later all done. Valeted, safety check completed and 25l of fuel.  Nice coffee and a cake in reception.  I get home and all is well, no rattles after 35 mile drive.  I also received an email from the service manager showing a video with audio report of the safety check being completed by the technician  In all Lexus Lincoln you did a great job.  Great brand Lexus 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had my airbag recall done yesterday by Lexus Milton Keynes as well as free health check(had rear drivers side caliper changed as a result of the health check). Got a CT200 f sport for the day not the same as my 250 f sport but could live with it lol.I also got £25 fuel ⛽ and a Lexus pen although I did buy a leather care kit,all in all happy with the way everything went 😊 

• Like 1