Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is this normal?

Tharweb

I parked up the other day and locked the car using the fob. When I later returned to the car, I realised I had left the passenger window fully down. Does the window not automatically close or should the car not allow me to lock it if I leave a window down? 

I think that it is possible to lock the doors of a lot of uk cars when leaving a window open because of those people who wish to leave their pets/ police dogs in their cars on sunny days. I guess it is no different to locking a convertible whilst leaving the top down... the action of locking doesn't just secure the doors, it disables the car systems whilst enabling trackers etc.

Totally normal, as above. You can have the door unlock buttons on the key fob double up as remote window close/open, something I believe a dealer can program for you.

OK, thank you. Funnily enough my last car was a convertible and that did close the windows if I locked it with the roof up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you press and hold lock button the Windows will close. Vice versa for unlock too [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that today and it didn't work for me. I'll just have to remember to close the windows.

1 hour ago, thar said:

I tried that today and it didn't work for me. I'll just have to remember to close the windows.

Get your Dealer to program your preferences. 

19 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Interesting.

I can set everything in the car using the settings menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything apart from the dealer customization such as window closing etc 

window down from the unlock button is a pain ,i had it enabled when i had a Ct ,i was on the forklift at work

and i pressed the unlock button without knowing as my keys where in my pocket and opened my windows

,luckily it was a dry day lexus did ask if i was sure as they had many compaints from customers finding their

windows where down

window down from the unlock button is a pain ,i had it enabled when i had a Ct ,i was on the forklift at work

and i pressed the unlock button without knowing as my keys where in my pocket and opened my windows

,luckily it was a dry day lexus did ask if i was sure as they had many compaints from customers finding their

windows where down

Interesting, i probably won't bother then, thank you.

• 6 months later...
On 14/07/2016 at 9:12 PM, 200h said:

i bought the carista app so i could turn the window function off and many other lexus customisations

I've just been having a look at that, does it work with any OBDII adapter? What customisation's have you used it for?

The turning off seat belt ding would be handy, that is so annoying! We are members of Whipsnade Zoo and drive in every time but the ding means we always have to put the belts on!