Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£10,000 LS 400 at a Lexus Dealer!

>>>>>> I can't see they have any interest in actually selling the car tbh  ...........  if they did it should be £5000 off and then halve again in a couple of months

It's just an interesting piece of Lexus history for their customers to view and admire  :whistling1:

Malc

• Like 1

This seems to be a common theme at Lexus dealerships. I saw an absolutely immaculate  condition, low mileage, original mk1 on show at Lexus Hatfield a few years ago. I was told they would only sell it "for the right money" -- a euphemism for way, way, over book price no doubt. But it was a special car.

• Like 1

The problem is if you crash it or it is stolen you will only get the 'market price' plus maybe £750 as it is a minter. Say £2,750?

• Like 1

This LS400 was actually at the lexus promotion at chateau impney last Thursday along with a 2007 SC430 which they wanted £18000 for,neither was worth anywhere near it.The LS was not as mint as you might think either.

1 hour ago, Eame64 said:

This LS400 was actually at the lexus promotion at chateau impney last friday along with a 2007 SC430 which they wanted £18000 for,neither was worth anywhere near it.The LS was not as mint as you might think either.

"not as mint as you might think either" Dealers, no matter what they sell you can never believe them.

I saw on my Lap Top newspaper that the SC was voted the worst car ever. Most unfair.

5 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

"not as mint as you might think either" Dealers, no matter what they sell you can never believe them.

I saw on my Lap Top newspaper that the SC was voted the worst car ever. Most unfair.

Presumably voted worst car ever by people who have never owned one.  I think they look fab, and they certainly stand out from the German crowd!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Presumably voted worst car ever by people who have never owned one.  I think they look fab, and they certainly stand out from the German crowd!

I think Top Gear had something to do with it.

12 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I think Top Gear had something to do with it.

interestingly there are a couple of videos on YouTube with Richard Hammond in an SC430, and he reacts differently in both. In one he scoffs at the interior, in the other he nods his head in agreement with the drivers comments about the nice interior!  Still, at least he admits it's got a good engine! 

In the early days the Top Gear team couldn't praise Lexus enough, with Herr Clarkson raving over the Soarer, and Quentin Wilson doing the same with the LS400 and GS300.

I suppose that was in the days when the programme wasn't tipping it's hat towards Germany! 

• Like 3

I've always thought that Top Gear has had a huge influence on the British car buying public. Most German cars got rave reviews on the show but quality Japanese cars hardly got a mention. Every week it was BMW this or Audi that or Mercedes something else. I got fed up with it in the end.  I've just come back from visiting Colorado and there you could hardly see anyone driving a German car. They were nearly all Japanese, American and Korean motors. Quite refreshing for me; it just shows how marketing works in different cultures.

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

BMW had a big issue with airconditioning recently but they seem to be able to keep such things quiet over here.

BMW had a big issue with timing chains snapping they managed to hush it up same with the nikisil  liners & swirl flaps hushed that up to. They hush up the fact that their engines are not very reliable.  BMW score poorly for engine reliability in pretty much all surveys.

• Like 1

When I bought my first Mark 1 LS in 96  a guy in the pub called it a Barge I was a little bit miffed and went away thinking I should find a summary name for his new BMW 

I eventually thought  this one up. 

So I asked him what BMW stood for he gave me the correct answer and I pointed out it actually meant" Box made for #ankers.

He never spoke to me again.

On 20 July 2016 at 5:16 PM, MLW said:

The problem is if you crash it or it is stolen you will only get the 'market price' plus maybe £750 as it is a minter. Say £2,750?

I believe we are getting to the stage of an agreed valuation. Classics are treated this way but there is no no claims discounts. I managed to get a higher pay out on a BMW 635 given impending classic status and photos etc..

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Malc said:

...  see it's now down to £8500

Malc

Just be careful you don't get crushed in the stampede, you know what people in this country are like when it comes to a bargain!