Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just had my LS 400 sprayed on both sides, to get rid of the various scratches it has acumulated over the years. They have done an amazing job and it looks beautiful. The car is dark red metallic with the bottom trim in a different colour, a sort of aubergine? The door mirror backs are in the aubergine, whilst the mirror brackets are in the red body colour. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I would have thought that the door mirror backs would have matched the main body colour? Grateful for any feedback

The mirror backs and brackets are the same colour on both my LS400s - both are main body colour. I think on any LS400 I have seen they have always been the main body colour.

So I do not think it is correct to have the mirror backs in the lower body colour, unless anyone else knows different ...

Presumably the mirror backs were the main body colour when you took the car into them to have the sides resprayed, so I would have expected them to have kept the backs the same colour or at least to have asked you about this if they were going to do them in the lower body colour.

Colin

Many thanks for confirming what I thought. The mirror backs have been a different colour since I bought the car. I can only imagine that they have been scraped at some point in the past and sprayed, and the painter has used the incorrect paint code. I can't believe I didn't spot the difference before.  can get this corrected now

Of course, it's possible that a previous owner had them re-sprayed like that because that is what he wanted. There are loads of pictures on this forum of LS models with 'different' colour schemes.

OK, Hugh. As Brian says, it might have been painted that way because of the preference of a previous owner.

It should be an easy fix for the paint sprayer to repaint the mirror back in main body colour.

Mark, hard to say because I had some panels sprayed. some polished and other work including having a headlamp polished back, it was included in that work. All I can say is that if you are contemplating paintwork, shop around. I got 4 quotes, one was too high, one was too low , I chose the middle ground, and not all were going to go about the work the same way. You need to clarify whether door handles are to be removed etc (essential really or the rubber seals will be painted as well)