Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modified Lexus IS300h F Sport

arumjaved123

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - nice mods - can you tell me a bit about fitting the additional lights at the bottom of the rear bumper?  Is there a link to where you purchased them and do you have to remove the bumper to fit.  Lastly - have you spliced the wiring so that they illuminate automatically with the rear lights?

Many thanks!

On 7/28/2016 at 0:18 PM, Smithy2 said:

Hi - nice mods - can you tell me a bit about fitting the additional lights at the bottom of the rear bumper?  Is there a link to where you purchased them and do you have to remove the bumper to fit.  Lastly - have you spliced the wiring so that they illuminate automatically with the rear lights?

Many thanks!

I will be interested in this too!

Hi All, thanks for the feedback glad you like it. Regarding the rear lights at the bottom of the bumper yes the bumper has to come off very simple to do. Remove grommets holding back tray in place undneath. Then remove ten mill self tappers one on the right arch liners and one on the left. After that remove the two self tappers which are located under the tailgate when open. It should then pop out. Once removed the bottom crappy reflectors are held with a screw. Undo these and the reflector pops out. Once this is out got to the Battery of the car and check the wires on the LED light to see which light you prefer the one with two lines or the whole thing mark these negative and posative. In many cases I extended the wire from the orginal led I.e. Negative and positive to make life easy when the bumper is on. Then pop the LED in and run the wire through to the rear tailgate seal. When the bumper is off you will see the rear crash sesnor use the nut on this for you earth as it is touching the body, then feed the posative to the inside of the car. You will need to remove the inside trim of the boot to get access to the rear light loom. Using a tester find the live either for the side lights or brake lights. ( this live will power the light) I have mine connected to the side light loom wire. With a very sharp blade take away some plastic or use a wire Clip to the posative light wire. And do the same on the other side. You will have one wire coming in which is the posative which goes to the rear light loom which is the posative wire. Both earth wires can be put on the back sensor bolt. Both side wires will need to be extended so reach inside and the earth to the bolt. Once done they will look lovely  as you can see. I extended the wire from the main loom first the posative and then joined the LED wire to this for piece of mind. Let me know if you get stuck guys. 

On 7/30/2016 at 2:20 PM, arumjaved123 said:

Hi All, thanks for the feedback glad you like it. Regarding the rear lights at the bottom of the bumper yes the bumper has to come off very simple to do. Remove grommets holding back tray in place undneath. Then remove ten mill self tappers one on the right arch liners and one on the left. After that remove the two self tappers which are located under the tailgate when open. It should then pop out. Once removed the bottom crappy reflectors are held with a screw. Undo these and the reflector pops out. Once this is out got to the battery of the car and check the wires on the led light to see which light you prefer the one with two lines or the whole thing mark these negative and posative. In many cases I extended the wire from the orginal led I.e. Negative and positive to make life easy when the bumper is on. Then pop the led in and run the wire through to the rear tailgate seal. When the bumper is off you will see the rear crash sesnor use the nut on this for you earth as it is touching the body, then feed the posative to the inside of the car. You will need to remove the inside trim of the boot to get access to the rear light loom. Using a tester find the live either for the side lights or brake lights. ( this live will power the light) I have mine connected to the side light loom wire. With a very sharp blade take away some plastic or use a wire Clip to the posative light wire. And do the same on the other side. You will have one wire coming in which is the posative which goes to the rear light loom which is the posative wire. Both earth wires can be put on the back sensor bolt. Both side wires will need to be extended so reach inside and the earth to the bolt. Once done they will look lovely  as you can see. I extended the wire from the main loom first the posative and then joined the led wire to this for piece of mind. Let me know if you get stuck guys. 

Excellent - thanks for the feedback.  I have purchased a set of the Led's - they have 3 modes apparently - side light, brake and indicator - did you wire yours for multiple features of just side lights?

I have not done any wiring before really so I am thinking of taking it to an auto electrician - unless it is is actually very simple?

I really fancy doing this mod myself as I think they look really good but, I have it in the back of my mind that REAR REFLECTORS are an MOT requirement.  Am I correct in thinking this and if so, surely this mod will contravene that requirement.

I'm sure that I have read something quite recently about this matter (not 100% though)