Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/prestigious-2006-lexus-ls430-4.3-v8-ono/1177915136

This vehicle has done over 280000 miles and hasnt had a cambelt replaced as previous owner was told it was chain driven, now this trader has bought it off the previous and clocked it back to 80000 miles, the reg is LD06VHK

• Like 1

...  Moderators a Q  ......  should the Forum  have a direct link into Trading Standards please to Report these criminal activities intending to defraud the public ?

What do you need to do to get this in train ?

Malc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/prestigious-2006-lexus-ls430-4.3-v8-ono/1177915136

This vehicle has done over 280000 miles and hasnt had a cambelt replaced as previous owner was told it was chain driven, now this trader has bought it off the previous and clocked it back to 80000 miles, the reg is LD06VHK

Have you reported them to TS

Thanks for the heads up.

I presume you have evidence? I just wondered that since this is, in effect, a public forum, whether inserting the word "allegedly" might avoid a potential legal response from the dealer?

Just trying to be helpful, and look out for your interests.

Put the reg in the mot history and youll see for yourself. Also i remember speaking to the previous owner afew weeks ago when it was for sale, i lost his details now

Hi Qamar

I don't doubt you, and again I thank you for the heads-up to members of this forum.

I was merely suggesting that inserting the word 'allegedly', as they do on Have I Got News For You, makes it less definite, and perhaps avoids the interference of the dealer's solicitor ;-) (although I admit that is unlikely)

Cheers

Brendan

Cant see any mileage discrepancies. Hes declaring 260000 and that matches the MOT. Mike.

I live not to far from this garage so if anyone would like a closer look I am happy to nip over there. Mike.

They are slowly catching on that messing with the mileage now we can check so easily on the MOT register is a difficult thing to do.

He will have to bring the price down now. Hopefully he will lose money. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

..............  I see what you mean

The increases in mileage look amazingly little and cause for surprise I'm sure !

BUT there might be a simpler reason, let me explain

my 1994 Mazda 323f at the last MOT showed 10k miles less on the Certificate than it had actually done on the speedo ............ and less than the previous year's MOT.

............. the MOT Tester had simply incorrectly filled in the digits

I noticed it some days later, too late to remedy without some upheaval, i wasn't worried as I was keeping the car and it will show the correct mileage this new MOT time  ( I hope ) however, the car might be scrapped or maybe not, lets see

Honest errors can occur but where many traders are concerned that does beggar belief :whip:

Malc

On 05/08/2016 at 4:30 PM, Malc said:

..............  I see what you mean

The increases in mileage look amazingly little and cause for surprise I'm sure !

BUT there might be a simpler reason, let me explain

my 1994 Mazda 323f at the last MOT showed 10k miles less on the Certificate than it had actually done on the speedo ............ and less than the previous year's MOT.

............. the MOT Tester had simply incorrectly filled in the digits

I noticed it some days later, too late to remedy without some upheaval, i wasn't worried as I was keeping the car and it will show the correct mileage this new MOT time  ( I hope ) however, the car might be scrapped or maybe not, lets see

Honest errors can occur but where many traders are concerned that does beggar belief :whip:

Malc

There must be an awful lot of MOT testers out there putting down the wrong mileage and whats more its seems to happen to the same people but with their different cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links