Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of having this done to my gear. Its in a very light blue colour. I've purchased the two spoilers too from eBay and now I'm deciding whether to do the wrap like the car in the picture below. I'll also probably black out that rear windshield with 5% tint as it doesn't look very nice leaving it clear. What do you all think? Should the black stop just after the boot spoiler? Or go further down like in the photo?

bca86020.jpg

Gilding the lily springs to mind. Not to my taste. I think that the Lexus designers created a thing of beauty but then again I don't think the Mona Lisa would look better with a drawn on moustache...

Maybe its something that appeals to the younger owners - I'm 20 and I don't think its a particularly good looking car to be honest. Its not ugly - but not the best either. 

It's all opinion... & you did ask🤗

This look is pretty classic now for a performance Japanese car. First saw it over here 80's & then specially during nineties & noughties Drift King etc(or Donkey Kong if you know your car movies😋) look etc.

So maybe not an age thing..... Maybe it's just more familiar to a more mature follower.

I'm not a lover .....

But aesthetically if this was the look you were trying to achieve I would say solid contrast roof looks good, hope the bonnet is not...as I hate that, drop the black boot, keep the black contrast spoiler. Put black solid colour on the sills, with black wheels that would frame it nicely.

IMO 👍

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

No my first car was a bmw 520, just be individual dont worry about what people think. They are bland in a word, but they are beautifully put together.

Pretty fast but wont break any records, comfy quiet and well specked from the off. When put againt audi bmw and merc. Where the option list is silly.

I get lots of compliments on my car, which makes me happy. But its the car i wanted so i dont really care what people say. When i change mine it will be for another 

lexus. Im in a different age group to you, so i take my hat off to you, in not been a sheep so enjoy your motor mate. You will get more smiles per gallon.

21 hours ago, kris250 said:

Maybe its something that appeals to the younger owners - I'm 20 and I don't think its a particularly good looking car to be honest. Its not ugly - but not the best either. 

Well.. that is what is called "understated looks"... I think as Lexus buyer you should appreciate that. That said - I don't think tuning and wrapping is bad thing, but it should be very subtle and careful, not to make car look silly.

55 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Am I the only one who thinks a Lexus IS is a strange choice of car for a 20 year old? :smile:

But either I don't think it is unsuitable car for young person... it is kind of British thing thinking that young people (that as well means up to 30 years old only in Britain) must drive some kind of bucket car with 1.2 liter engine, bright yellow, with a lot of fake spoilers and other crap.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is unsuitable; in fact, just the opposite, that is an impressive choice for a 20 year old to make.

After all, it is a rather sensible choice.  I wish I had that much sense when I was 20 :smile:

• Like 1

No.. I don't think it is wrong to say it. It is kind of British thing - in US Lexus IS is considered small car and hence it is completely fine for young person to own it, modify it etc. In UK I always have arguments with detailers, because they are always trying to charge me for large car .. then I say like:

"so if my car is large, what about Range Rover or Audi Q7?"...

"ohhh we have special price for SUVs which is not advertised"...

"ok so what about Audi A8, BMW7 and MB S-Class" ...

"Ok Ok.. we will apply medium rate for you.."

It is just silly how austerity and negative government attitude regarding personal transport forces people to accept that Smart is "OK small car" (while it is nothing else but quad-bike), VW Polo - Medium car, VW - Golf or Focus - Normal, and cars like Lexus IS - "limousine"... I don't know where larger cars comes on this list, but what is for sure ...according to government, cyclist and other non-drivers - "they are NOT-OK to be owned or used".

So that in the end affects our taste as well - Small car - OK to modify vs. Limousine - Looks silly when modified.

At the same time I like IS250 for looking premium and understated, while at the same time not being too large car. I would go maybe for rims, maybe some performance mods.. like exhaust, some discreet "lips" and similarly discreet little spoilers. As for wrapping roof and boot lid - I think it is too much contrast - maybe of dark grey car, but not on bluish silver ... - that said this is personal thing and if you consider Lexus IS as small car - it is probably fine to do. 

how does tint work with heating element? 

Is250 is boyish car. Very practical. Lads drive them in US and Asia.

Q7 is not an SUV. Maybe european SUV... Q7 seems for girls.

Autobiography or ZX 570 is proper SUV.

Someone told me once, a rolex with grandpa no one will notice. A rolex with a young guy is noticed and looks good. So yeah, BMW 520 or Is250 with a young guy looks good than a mini cooper (not the old ones, talking about the new girly ones)

Linas, it is with whole of europe and UK. Tiny cars. Make sense as space is at a premium here. Narrow roads small homes. You cannot drive an S class easily even in UK and dare I say e.g. Italy. First, it doesn't fit in the teco asda supermarket parking bay.

12 hours ago, dazed said:

Careful Kris or it'll end up looking like a taxi.

But congratulations on being different and going for a Lexus.

I may just go for a black roof - which blends into the sun roof. I'm not really a fan of how it contrasts against the cars paint. You're right, the bonnet looks a tad silly - that's gone off me but I'm not sure what sort of alloys would go well with the car. The stock ones are fairly bland and not in great condition at the moment.

20 hours ago, madasahatter said:

No my first car was a bmw 520, just be individual dont worry about what people think. They are bland in a word, but they are beautifully put together.

Pretty fast but wont break any records, comfy quiet and well specked from the off. When put againt audi bmw and merc. Where the option list is silly.

I get lots of compliments on my car, which makes me happy. But its the car i wanted so i dont really care what people say. When i change mine it will be for another 

lexus. Im in a different age group to you, so i take my hat off to you, in not been a sheep so enjoy your motor mate. You will get more smiles per gallon.

I've got loads of compliments on the car already - and I've only had it for two weeks! I wanted something that will last. A car that had all the tech of a modern day car, wasn't slow, was reliable all of which was in the Lexus. I definitely considered the A4s, 325i's and C classes but when compared directly to each other - the Lexus has so much more positive points going for it

On 7/27/2016 at 8:43 PM, jackcramerr said:

Linas, it is with whole of europe and UK. Tiny cars. Make sense as space is at a premium here. Narrow roads small homes. You cannot drive an S class easily even in UK and dare I say e.g. Italy. First, it doesn't fit in the teco asda supermarket parking bay.

Not really with Europe, mostly with UK. E.g. in UK 1.6 liter coupe is sports car - how is that? Obviously, Spain, Italy has a lot of small cars as well, may be France a bit, but in rest of Europe doesn't have this "compressed mind" about the cars...

On 7/29/2016 at 0:14 PM, Linas.P said:

Not really with Europe, mostly with UK. E.g. in UK 1.6 liter coupe is sports car - how is that? Obviously, Spain, Italy has a lot of small cars as well, may be France a bit, but in rest of Europe doesn't have this "compressed mind" about the cars...

Japan definitely does! You need to pay some sort of extra tax to drive a bigger car in some cities...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links