Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks.

Bigchad

Hi everyone,new to the forum but not to the marque, now owning my 4th Lexus is,3 previous is200 sports (1 i would rather not talk about) and now the F-sport 220d manual,with the luxurious 6 speed box(clunky but so was every one I've owned,love em or hate em!!) Already (before I purchased) had some great advice regarding the dreaded diesel but after a bit delegation with my head and the full lexus history bought the unloved model from a local mitsubishi dealer but only after some expensive surgery,,as said was unloved after suffering the dpf failure and was basicaly sat unused for some 10 months and in need of new brakes totally,new rear fuel filter,alloy refurb,4xtyres,key fob,paint job on the front(stone chips down to metal) new Battery,new dpf,egr and manifold clean(ouch!!)  and full service including trans and diff oil all at the dealers expense costing a touch over 2.5k to get it on the road I have to say i'm chuffed with it,Drives like a dream returning 38-45mpg.Looks stunning and gets the bm/merc heads turning with the pearl paintwork,

20160726_204000.jpg

20160726_204013.jpg

20160726_204029.jpg

Welcome :smile:

Nice looking car you got there.

I was going to say I hope you got it cheap, but then I saw the list of things the dealer sorted out.  I have never heard of a dealer going to such lengths to sell a car before.

I am of the opinion that the 220d's aren't as bad as people make out.  Yes, they are not as good as the 250's, but I think they are no worse than any other modern diesel car.

Hopefully you will enjoy yours for some time to come. :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks Shahpor your exactly right regarding other cars as they all have inherinent issues after all they are just machines! since leaving the lexus brand some 8 years ago every car I've owned since (2x audi 2xnissan) all had major failures,Lexus gives you slightly more piece of mind and if you understand the car your buying you can respond in time to any change you may notice in performance etc,,in all honesty wish I'd kept my 2001 200sport longer than I did as in 5 years ownership it had tyres oil and fuel with no repairs/warranty claims at all,fantastic cars if you look after them,look forward to keeping this model at least 2 years,maybe 4 as the audio system is really something else to boot,gives me reason to leave for work a bit earlier and watching dvds before the grind!!