Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

clutch change tips is200 sport

Matthew017

hello peeps. I have just received my exedy replacement clutch kit. 

i have looked at a few guides and although i haven't really worked on cars before i am going to try this myself today with a friend who done his clutch on his bmw. 

does anyone have a link to a good guide i can follow. and any tips? only have axle stands. i have seen that you just drop the gearbox and prop on a jack and not remove them. will i still be able to align the clutch?

anything to be careful of?

also what gearbox oil and diff oil do i need as im thinking of taking the gearbox off and doing these if not to much trouble. 

this is a is200 sport with i assume the LSD.

many thanks!! :) cheers

• 1 month later...

If you haven't worked on card before..you WON'T be able to replace a clutch,and if you can?then you are in the wrong profession. .lol..it's a major job..in terms of engine in car jobs..I can safely say it is second a head gasket replacement. .so good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update. I managed to get the clutch change done. And all feels fine. Probably done 1000 miles now. Only thing is a squeeking noise whem pushing clutch pedle. "SOMETIMES" and aome.noise whem the clutch is NOT engages. I heave read the squeeking is the exedy clutch and i think the noise is the gearbox. Not the clutch . Thanks!

• 1 month later...