Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remapping considered

With mpg dipping to 32 with the hot weather and air con use and the clattery soundtrack on idle and the lag and crappy gearbox, i'm left cold and totally frustrated. Petrol IS just isnt an option; I'd be dipping into the 20's. which as 20,000 miles a year, will cost a fortune. So im heading back, believe it or nt to 407 coupe 2.7 hdi land again. The car is much roomier and practical, but doesnt have the upmarket feel of the lexus, though the engine and better economy make up for it. Im really sorry to be leaving the fold, but I cannot see a way around parting with the car. Remapping could destroy the engine possibly, and I dont want to risk that, also it still leaves me with a noisy clattery engine and poor , reluctant gearbox. I will keep the car until the right Peugeot comes along, this is a real shame

• 3 months later...

I think that is covered elsewhere. Originally, these engines came with 177hp, but proven to be completely unreliable and costed Lexus a lot of money for repair and replace. As your car is 2012 which came with "improved engine" it is 150hp for a good reason - because that is the power which doesn't blow it up. You can make up you own minds what will happen if you boost it to 190hp.

In addition to that they might be talking to much as these engines cannot be chip tuned (even for like better economy) - so not sure how they would do it, but that doesn't sound like good idea.

I'm still struggling with logic here - diesel car are for fuel economy. If you want more power, why not to sell 200d and get few years older 250 (204hp)... and for money you save get 2 years free fuel (and far more that saving you would made on diesel). Not to mention silky smooth v6 and no reliability issue.

There's lots of companys chipping is220's now mine been done 6 months ago alittle decrease in consumption and definitely more power and torque I don't have a rolling road print out but definitely an improvement!  it also feels like a petrol to drive now too no more dip in power pull away ect anymore

14 hours ago, Yorkie740 said:

There's lots of companys chipping is220's now mine been done 6 months ago alittle decrease in consumption and definitely more power and torque I don't have a rolling road print out but definitely an improvement!  it also feels like a petrol to drive now too no more dip in power pull away ect anymore

I am going to wait few more months for you to come saying you have blown gasket or something else. Power is very last thing this terrible engine needs.

Now, now Linas, no need to be so negative :smile:

Apart from the head gasket issue (which should be mostly solved by now), the engine is solid.  It is the emissions gear that is really flaky, but since that is unaffected by a remap, it should be fine.

15 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Now, now Linas, no need to be so negative :smile:

Sorry for that... I just believe Lexus should be better than that. I would expect Lexus to be nearly as perfect from the dealership as the car can be, and not after 7 year, 2 head gaskets, deleted EGR/DPF and finally cracked and remapped ECU for £500. That is not how it should be.... not to mention other things..