Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Sport Front suspension rattle

yeahchap

Hi

My 2016 ct200h sport is booked in with Lexus on friday morning.  The car has only done 3000 miles but sxeems to have developed an infrequent, very metallic rattle when the drivers wheel hits sharp rut in the road.  Most of the time the car is dead silent.

Im guessing its a brake clip / heat shield / strut top mount.

Anyone eolse had similar noises?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Yes, I had similar symptoms. It turned out to be the top mount. It took them a couple of visits to figure out what it was though. 10K on the clock at the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi, just an update on thr rattle from thr front suspension, which turned out to be a brake pad clip, so nothing serious.....but.... they seem to have discovered some other rattles inside the car and need to remove the dashboard to get at it!  Understandably im not best pleased thata 6 month old car needs all this work.  Seems ive got a bit of a friday car! 

Ive already emailed Lexus UK directly who will be following uip with me next week once they have spoken to the dealer.

On 31/07/2016 at 3:37 PM, yeahchap said:

Hi, just an update on thr rattle from thr front suspension, which turned out to be a brake pad clip, so nothing serious.....but.... they seem to have discovered some other rattles inside the car and need to remove the dashboard to get at it!  Understandably im not best pleased thata 6 month old car needs all this work.  Seems ive got a bit of a friday car! 

Ive already emailed Lexus UK directly who will be following uip with me next week once they have spoken to the dealer.

Rattles are present on almost every car. Even a new car. Sometimes owners don't realise it until they get loud enough or aren't sensitive to it. 

People seem to notice rattles in Lexus more, mostly because they are quiet. A diesel on the other hand will mask any quieter rattles. 

Best of luck with the dash fix. The CT advance was not to my tastes when I had it as a loaner but was solid with no rattles and had 10k on it. My IS300H also has no rattles. My RX on the other hand is on 40k and has had a rattle in the rear for a while which I cba getting fixed