TheFish512

IS200 tyre width

hello

I currently have my car lowered by 30mm both front and rear and was wondering if i could go from a 215 45 17 91w to a 225 or any larger without having to modify the arches.

Thank you 

Yes, should be fine.

My IS200 was lowered about the same and had a 225/45R17 F & 245/40R17 R setup. That was on IS250 wheels though (8" wide). I wouldn't want to go wider than 225 on standard alloys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Liso
      Hi.. I have a 2002 Lexus IS200 Auto, I am having a transmission problem. At first I thought it was caused by my ABS sensor, my ABS light on and TRC OFF  flicking, which when diagnosed it was front right side. After replacing that sensor the transmission was working fine for two days but started doing its thing again. The car will just refuse to change from 1or 2 untill it redlines, if it does change to another gear it will be just for a second or so and back down. Some days it will drive smooth for two hours or so and if you going slow there is a slight jerk as if the car is changing up and down.
    • By PCM
      It's snowy out there - about 6-8 inches in places.
      Even in my ( wife's ) RX with winter tyres, it was somewhat stressful.
      But we got 'there' and we got back again.

• By Ten Ninety
      I am posting this for the information of other GS300h owners who are considering changing their tyres. Please learn from my own stupidity. Do not purchase Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in size 235/45! 
      When looking at reviews, I found near-universal praise for these tyres (in other sizes) for being quiet, comfortable and low rolling resistance. Despite the fact that I know full well that tyre reviews are second only to food reviews for being utterly pointless subjective tripe, I allowed myself to be persuaded away from spending the extra on Michelin CrossClimates which have been recommended by owners on here. That was foolish, and it is going to prove to be an expensive mistake.
      These tyres are not quiet. They produce noticeably more cabin noise than the OEM Bridgestone ER33s, which I did not consider to be a quiet tyre in the first place. They are perhaps more 'comfortable' in that they make the car feel as if it's driving through treacle. However, the biggest problem is that the rolling resistance is absolutely, utterly, appallingly terrible. Unbelievably, it has actually made a noticeable impact on performance - significantly more throttle is now required in any given situation, and the distance I can get in milkfloat mode has been considerably reduced. As a result, fuel economy is now catastrophically bad. I'm not talking a slight reduction - I'm talking a minimum 10% worse and on some journeys up to 20%. Where I would have been touching an indicated 50mpg on these cold days, I am now struggling into the low 40s and occasionally dipping down into the 30s. If I needed more proof that those ridiculous EU economy ratings are anything other than fabricated bulls--t then this is it - these tyres have the same rating as the ER33s they replaced, and the associated mumbo jumbo claims a maximum difference of 7.5% between A and G!
      I hoped they might just need scrubbing in, but there's been no improvement after a few hundred miles. I have tried whacking the pressures up to 2.7bar, but this has had little impact on economy. It just makes the ride unsettled. And yes, I've checked they were fitted the right way around!
      Clearly, these tyres can't be universally awful. I've actually got the Asymmetric 3s (the updated version) on my wife's Auris HSD and they're absolutely fine. However, on a GS300h they are an unmitigated disaster if you have even a passing interest in fuel economy. I hope this information may save others from making the same mistake as I have made.
    • By Blucky
      I have a 1999 Toyota Altezza 1GFE, which recently has had the engine light come on after driving it for a few minutes. Every time i restart the car it goes away but comes on again after a few minutes.
      I have done the paperclip diagnosis on the ODB1 port, but all it does is make the engine light, ABS light and the ECT light flash continuously.
      Does anyone know what it might be?

Cheers,
    • By PCM
      Has anyone here recently fitted all-season tyres to their RX?
      My wife's RX350 needs new tyres, and all season might be the way to go?