Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All 

Hope all is well. I have a lexusis220d and have owned it for a year and i can say i love it.  But due to lot of short commutes I am thinking of buying a petrol or a hybrid lexus. 

mine is a 2010 Se-i Navigation. So my choice now is to go for a 2011 lexus IS250 Advance Auto. Or a 2010 Lexus GS450h . I am sort of leaning towards the gs as it is an amazing machine. 

So here are my questions. 

. Does the GS450h match the mpg offered by IS250? lets assume i am a decent driver with light foot. (a diesel user though never owned a petrol)

. Can I go for a 2010 (pre reg 59) plate GS450h se with 72000 miles but i can see one service missing for around 20,000. and most recent service history was done jan2015 so it is over due on age but not millage. the dealer will service it when selling.  What should I look for? Should I buy? what are typical ownrshp cost betwn 70k to 120k miles apart from service?

. Another choice is a 2011 (61) lexus is250 Advance auto Nav offered via lexus dealer but non-approved when questioned the lexus dealer said they cannot sell cars that are more thn 3yr old so they sell it via lexus but no warranty. I will have to pay 400 for the warranty. Sounds a but dodgy but it is a genuine lexus dealer i checked but advertised via sister company. The miles the car done is 26000 for a 2010 i thought it is low. It has full service history though done on time. 

final option keeping my 220d. only thing is my commute is around 3mils + 3mils every day. i do go out every week to cinema shopping which is around 5miles away. May once or twice a month i will go for a long distance 45miles. My car has not had any issues yet. I get around 31 to 35mpg for weekly commute around 45 on long distance

please help. 

Thanks

Hello.

Funnily enough, I too have a 220d that I am thinking of trading for a GS450h eventually when my long commute comes to an end.

The IS250 sounds a little strange.  A main dealer selling a car that is non approved?  Didn't think they did that?  Also, the used approved warranty is £895 for 2 years, so where did the £400 come from?

Yes a main dealer selling it via sister company which belongs to the their Group. Not sure where the 400 comes from. Only thing that interest me is it is actually the main dealer all sounds too good to be true also the car is priced at Private sale price. 

I can understand this car is not fit for lexus approved but for what reason ? what the dealer saying is it is the age then it is ok I can buy ? But is there anything seriously wrong then no i rather stay away? on the flip side i received a vehicle servcice history which shows there is no repairs carried on but has correct service history.

Still not decided on gs450h or is250. One question is the mpg figures compared btwn GS and is i know i shouldnt buy GS for the mpg but interesting to compare with IS I am assuming they are more or less the same. So I rather buy a GS in that case.

Thanks 

Harri

It should have had the big 60k service so thats good. Think a service plan is £28.50 a month from Lexus. Covers Mot / servicing etc. I've taken a service plan out over 3 years and a two year for the price on one warranty deal. Its expensive but will pay for itself if the shocks go or something bigger. Worth it IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks piasek

After a lot of thought Bought a GS450h 2010 but with 64k miles but it has 7 lexus service stamps and one more from the car dealer. I must say it is a brilliant machine seamless performance only had it for 5hrs now and did 200mils so far. Absolute pleasure to drive. 200 miles I managed to get 32mpg  but It is probably me driving like my 220d. On a stop stop traffic for around 4 miles I got 41mpg though. 

Now I am thinking of Lexus warranty. I got 6 mnth warranty from third party but doesnt cover Batterry not sure abt suspension. Is the lexus warranty worth the money? is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Hari

mtz_35729_41708633#

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links