Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h new owner first impressions

Hello everyone. I've recently bought an old (2006) RX400h and thought I'd share my first impressions (and a few solutions).

Things I love:

• Very easy to drive and park - My wife doesn't feel she's driving a bigger car which was one of the selling points for us. Our family is getting bigger and we needed something more practical
  • Efficiency - We live on the outskirts of London and most of our journeys are short (distance wise) stop start journeys. Over the first 10 days I've averaged 31mpg, with lots of short journeys, a quick blast on the motorway and hauling paving blocks from the garden centre. I think that's great for a car of this size and weight. I'm using shell V-Power btw. Not sure on people opinions on fuel types (I'm sure there's a topic on it somewhere)
  • Gearbox/hybrid combo - I wasn't sure what I was going to make of the CVT. On the one hand I've always liked manual cars and finding the best/optimum gear to give me the torque. However, for a hybrid of this nature.. I think the smoothness of the CVT really suit it. It makes absolute sense to me
  • For a 10 year old car it still looks relatively modern

Things that annoyed me/us:

However even despite the small annoyances (many of which have been rectified), I think it's a great vehicle. The feeling of pulling away silently yet still being able to put your foot down to boot it is great.

• Like 4

Hi Mike.

Likewise, very interested in your opinion.

My wife doesn't like the camera either, so I may try the sensors.

With regard to the SatNav disc, can you tell me if you can enter a destination while on the move?

I know the old discs did not allow this but I believe the new ones do.

Please can you confirm before I buy.

Regards

Ray

I updated my satnav disc for one off eBay and I am able to use all functions on the satnav whilst in motion.

my car is the gs450 2007 plate but I'm pretty sure the satnav is all the same.

Hi Carl.

Thanks for the info.

Incidentally I bought a new disc last week from www.latestsatnav.co.uk and it wouldn't allow me to enter postcodes on the move. Worst of all it would not allow any voice commands for phone or music!

Reinstalled the old disc and the function worked, so returned the disc. Vendor would not give full refund. I was very disappointed

Hi,

yes I can enter directions when on the move now. I can only use speed dial numbers on the phone however, and not enter manually (not a problem as I can dial from the phone). Also just to confirm, it still doesn't allow full postcode search  just 4 characters.

Like I said though, these were genuine disks not copied ones. you have to make sure of that. From what I understand, copied disks may have updated maps but old firmware. 

Mike

When I updated my old 400h I just put in the new disc and the system automatically upgraded to allow input whilst driving - no disconnecting the Battery

My understanding is the series II RX never offers full post code entry, even with the latest maps disc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links