Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You meet the nicest people when selling a ISF

Well the ISF has gone - trying not to be too emotional about it - only a car but a cracking one. Been up on AT for sale for a couple of weeks, it was a high miler at 119k and I was not advertising it a cheap rate and I did get a few interesting characters making me some interesting offers - all of which I was happy enough to decline.

I was hoping that somebody would see through the mileage and appreciate the outstanding history of the car and was lucky enough to find that in Alan from Surrey who came up north on the train today and drove the car away a very happy man. I know that Alan has been lurking on here for a while so perhaps he might now join the club now that he finally has a Lexus!

I am left with the old girl (LS400) for now and will be making a decision soon about what to buy next. Many thanks for the support I have had and good luck with your cars.

Nick

• Like 1

Well done Nick, mixed emotions I'm sure! Funny enough i recently discovered that your ISF originally belonged to my other half's best friends dad, lovely guy, so I can verify it came from a good home! Small world. Good luck with the next purchase, Mark.

The guy I bought my ISF from was also a very nice guy and easy to deal with. Must be a common trait of owners! It'll be interesting to see what you move on to after an ISF. Give us an update when you decide.

Thanks Nick

Your old ISF joins an Integra Type R (DC2 also white), Legacy Spec B Tourer and CRZ (wifes) on the drive all of which were bought new because I really don’t much like buying secondhand cars but that's not an option with ISFs and it was a pleasure buying from you.
I’ve been looking a few months now, passed on a few other distant ones and walked away from one being sold by a local independent dealer. I like to know the history of my cars and that’s what mattered to me more than the age or mileage.  The ISF world seems quite a small one; not many around but mostly owned by a certain type of person i guess

Good luck with your next purchase
Alan

Thanks all and well done to Alan for joining the forum and I know the ISF will be in safe hands.

Not sure what the replacement will be yet, I have been seriously looking at the 911 for quite a while as I feel as a lover of cars I should own one at some point in my life. It would be a 997 model 2009 onwards with the PDK so looking at a potential 50k spend for a decent one which aside from concerns about my job security I am not sure I really want to spend - also I did drive a colleagues car the other week which was nice but not as nice as I thought it would be - was a 61 plate S version and already it has been back in for three pieces of warranty work in the short period she has owned it which is a bit off putting after what you get used to from a Lexus.

i am strangely attracted to the Golf R and was lucky enough to borrow none last week for 5 days. The 4 cylinder drone took a bit of getting used to but it was the most fun I have had in a car for ages, really capable and very easy to drive at high speed, took it out one night in the wet and was Incredible at the speed it could deal with wet roundabouts etc - very reassuring and I liked the fact it was also quite annonymous. Am considering ordering one through my company scheme and then driving it like a company car should be driven!

Other option is to stick with the LS 400 for a short while and accumulate some more cash to put towards a RCF or GSF - as I said the job security thing is probably the biggest deciding factor at the moment.

Ahh I did see this IS-F on AutoTrader. Was very tempted to come and view but haven't made my mind up on my next car purchase. Nice to see it has gone to another enthusiast owner :cool:

7 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

You could consider this one. Club members car with some nice mods.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/is/lexus-is-is3-f-2008/6029330?v=c 

Saw that the other night. That has to be a fake ad. I've dropped Peter a message to confirm. 

Have seen that one advertised on eBay earlier I think. I'm betting the insurance company would whack a young driver like me for the mods on it. 

Keeping my eyes out for them, missed a cracker at a Lexus dealer a month or so back - 08 Mesa Red with around 95k for £15k. Went within week

Hope you stay with the Lexus brand Nick, I am very interested to hear what the GS-F is like.

Wrocki welcome to the club, looks like your IS-F will be joining some interesting cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links