Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Owner

Goldfish750

Hi Everybody,

Just bought myself a Lexus and while searching around for stuff about it found this forum.

I'll be honest it was a bit of a surprise buy, went to look at a Jag XF at a Lexus dealer and they had this GS450H for about the same price, tried both, both very good but the Lexus seemed a car I'd enjoy driving more.

2016-07-19 16.15.58.jpg

Excuse the photo, in my works car park, and excuse the crude No. plate edit, I'm sure all of you are trustworthy!!!

Had it for 3 weeks, great car, very strong acceleration and even with a little heavy right foot still getting about 34mpg, for one slow journey and gentler driving in traffic it gave me 48mpg on a 25 mile trip. From a 3.5l engine isn't bad but it was on Battery a lot.

After some haggling the dealer threw in 2 years extended Lexus warranty along with their standard 1 year so also has 3 years warranty.

The reason for my searching around when I found this forum, I can't find too much about the car, a few road tests, mostly saying the BMW 5 series is better but most auto journalists always seem to fall on the side of German cars, I have owned some and wouldn't agree.

Can anyone point me towards any interesting sites, are their accessories, mods etc that are worth looking at?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We always like to see pictures of members cars so don't be shy.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Welcome Kevin. With only around 600 GSs sold each year in the UK you have some exclusivity but with that comes a lack of information about them. Look at US forums as the GS is sold in much greater numbers there.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I'll be honest, not a car I'd really looked at before but now walking around it, it is a nice looking car, as are a lot of the Lexus range. It had to go back to have some back order trim replaced and they leant me a NX, again a nice car.

I have looked at some US sites to get more info, I work in engineering so I like to understand how things work, especially the handling in sport+ mode and it's nice to share info on tyres and stuff.

And I need to not fixate so much on economy, an enthusiastic 30 mile drive on clear B roads has dropped the average mpg to 27, obviously a car that needs to be enjoyed rather than driven for economy!

All in all I'm pleased I chose the car, I've got a few long distance trips coming up and I'm looking forward to see what it's like.

And hats off to Lexus dealerships, excellent service + given me a comprehensive price list for servicing and common parts/fitting, my last luxury car was a Honda Legend and I was impressed by their service but I think Lexus beat them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links