Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would you buy a ct200h with 80-100k miles, 13 plate onwards?

lightweight

I haven't had a test drive yet, but the other day I had a look at one with Advanced trim and the interior was awesome. I am extremely relaxed driver, always within the speed limits or less and I think this car would be ideal for me and wife. I hadn't even considered this car but I walked accross one in a dealership and was absolutely stunned.

The thing is I don't know how long I'm going to stay in UK so I'd like to spend as little as possible, also having a new model on 2017 will devaluate the car even more if I have to sell it in 1-2 years.

I've read here and in other forums that these cars are very reliable, have almost no issues, and that they only require oil and tire changes, and sometimes brake pads. I would get 12 month warranty and the manufacturer 2 years on batteries etc.

So given I find a 2013 - 2016 with a lot of miles, but an interior in great shape and ok exterior (and FSH of course), would you buy it?

Thanks!

To be honest the answer is yes I would. If it's Lexus full history definitely. My CT SE L Premier had 62K when I bought it and its immaculate inside and out with Lexus FSH. A friend of mine has also the same model and is also a 2011 model and he got his with 91K and Lexus FSH.His CT had been faultless like mine with only servicing done to it. These cars are extremely reliable just like the Prius. On the US CT forums owners have mileages of 200K + with no problems at all,and even on the original Battery packs(traction). That certainly tells you something about these cars. If all looks OK to you then buy one. They're a great car.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for the advice! I saw your reply in the other forum too :-)

Would you recommend any specific trim? It's difficult to figure out the differences between all of them, the only fancy bits that are a must are leather trim, and some kind of parking assist (sensors at least). Seat memory would be nice though!

10 hours ago, lightweight said:

Hi, thanks for the advice! I saw your reply in the other forum too :-)

Would you recommend any specific trim? It's difficult to figure out the differences between all of them, the only fancy bits that are a must are leather trim, and some kind of parking assist (sensors at least). Seat memory would be nice though!

My answer to your original question would be - Yes, if the price is right (as with all things). The reason being that you want to make sure you get a good deal as you have to realise that come selling time, not many people will be looking at cars with higher than 100k on the clock and will be more hassle to sell. You will also get some stupid offers if the car has high mileage. This does happen anyway but itll happen more so with cars exceeding 100k - people will be wanting it for nothing.

Parking sensors are easy to fit so dont worry if it doesnt have them.

• Like 1

What would be a good price range?

There is also the factor that this car is discontinued on 2017, AFAIK it's going to be replaced by a compact SUV, I guess this should also help me lower the price.

I'm also sure prices will go down by the end of the year when this news is official.

Well yes the prices will go down after official release of the 2018 CT. But until that time, the prices should stay the same and therefore are irrelevant unless you're going to buy later on.

Should be between £7.5k to £11k dependent on spec, mileage and whether it's a private/dealer sale. I certainly wouldn't pay more than £11k anyway as there are some 2012 ones with 30k for that much

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I would too, especially if you buy from a dealer. The car will have been thoroughly checked and Lexus warranty is excellent.

I know it is a different model, but a colleague of mine has clocked 275,000 miles in a GS300 without any breakdown or major repair.

It doesnt seem so long ago that I sold a car which was 5 years old and 66K miles to the scrap merchant because it had rusted through and the engine and gearbox had worn out. It was a Talbot though. My current CT is one of the oldest in this country and has 56K on it and shows no sign of wear other than a new nearside front strut damper.I have seen CTs with over 100K on them but i have no idea what they drive like.

Mine seems like yours at 68K. Everything still perfect. It's a 2011. I know someone with a 2011 also with 97K and it's still sweet and has nothing wrong with it. A friend has a Toyota Prius with 180K and has nothing wrong and still original Battery pack. Fault free.

Mines due it's 3rd MOT in October and I hope all is well. The last 2 have been passes with no advisories.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 30/08/2016 at 6:39 PM, Wass said:

It doesnt seem so long ago that I sold a car which was 5 years old and 66K miles to the scrap merchant because it had rusted through and the engine and gearbox had worn out. It was a Talbot though. My current CT is one of the oldest in this country and has 56K on it and shows no sign of wear other than a new nearside front strut damper.I have seen CTs with over 100K on them but i have no idea what they drive like.

I bought a 3 year old Chrysler (Talbot) Alpine in 1981....It was my first car. It was scrapped in 83 due to rust..car of the year my arse! 

Does look very nice in Silver with the dark wheels - quite rare tbh, never seen one in that colour before! And the carbon fiber is probably vinyl wrap but actually looks pretty good.

• 1 month later...