Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scum - stolen car

Really sorry to hear about all of this, but not surprised with regard to the insurer's. It was bad enough having to go through the whole experience of being robbed, without getting stabbed in the back by the insurers as well. I'm sure it's not much consolation, but at least its made the rest of us realise that the usual insurance policies are not suitable for our cars. I have a three year GAP policy which came free with the car, which I will now be looking to renew or else an agreed value policy if its even an option. Hope you can both move on quickly from this sorry business.

47 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I took out GAP insurance and the policy was 'back to invoice/price paid'. it cost me about £150 for a 2 year policy. I would have thought this would cover the shortfall offered by the insurers?

If you don't mind me asking, who did you get your GAP insurance through, and perhaps it would be a good idea if we start a new thread relating to GAP/Agreed value insurance info for all our benefit!!

Not the same, but maybe of similar on cars, I was offered "GAP" on my new bike, was LED to believe it's up to 3yrs old, will cover a shortfall on insurance and replacement if the bikes written off, stolen or I crash it 😳.......I was offered a similar think from Lexus when I bought mine, not sure if it's to entice you back to a dealership, I declined as cost was not cheap, if memory serves me it was just under £1000 mark, don't think it particularly matters who your cars with as bottom line is they will offer the least amount possible......hence why most drivers hate insurance companies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 5:26 PM, lotusdave said:

oh my god that's appalling. I'm insured with them too.

is that the final fos letter? If so it should be on the fox website duly redacted.

bastards.

Both my cars also insured with them coming to a total of circa £45k if I was to buy them from dealers

But I cant really complain, they forked out £3k for a front bumper and fender on my wifes car when she hit the garage door claiming her foot slipped! Only took Lexus 4 days to fix it as well so maybe I just got lucky.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links