Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lights not right on my lexus ls400 HELP

Hi there can someone help me please

Iv just got myself a LS400 well four weeks ago.

So iv squirrelled me 3 is200 away for a latter day.

I was going to put the ls400 engine in my is200.

But the ls400 is such a nice car I thought id use it for a bit.

It has LPG fitted so its very cheep to run. Id hate it if I had to put petrol in it

I just couldn't run it on petrol alone that's for sure.

The problem I have is my one has clear indicators lens on the front.

And on the back. The back light,s have a clear bit all the way through the middle.

Is this a upgraded model? Or just upgrade lights.

What it is I need a front indicator lens as my one is cracked.

Iv looked on eBay and iv looked on japans Ebay  but I'm not having a lot of luck.

Hope someone can help me or just tell me why my lights are different.

Thank you in advance. All the best jason

What year is it?

The clear indicators and rear lights are aftermarket replacements, mine has clear indicators as they make the car look more modern but my rear lights are smoked darker.

The clear indicators have become hard to find now, a few years ago a full set was around £40.00.

I have a spare set of original orange ones for the 1990-1994 model.

you'll find some on U.S ebaay.com 

Depending on the year. This one looks reasonable price but on an earlier year one for sale the Shipping is very expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Corner-Parking-Light-Left-Driver-Side-LH-LF-for-98-00-Lexus-LS400-LS-400-/310406107355?hash=item4845a550db:g:QbkAAOSwxYxU1dop&vxp=mtr

Thank you all for your help my LS400 is a 1996. I will have a look at the U.S EBAY see what,s  there. and I will not sell my is200 iv spent to much money on it. As I said I'm going to put the LS400 engine in it at sum point.   

Jason

First of all let me set you straight on the modification you are suggesting ,You will not get the LS400 engine in your is200 .two reasons its too big and its too powerful.

If you carve up the is200 to get the engine and transmission of the LS400 engine too fit you will then have serious problems getting someone to insure you.

The VOSA engineers will be wanting to take a look at the mod as soon as you re-register the car with new engine mods .

Then your insurance company will want a look at that report and will likely run a mile.

Now you might be intending to run it off road maybe or on a race track ,to that end you will be OK but forget any easy way of public highway driving.

• Like 1

Hi there thanks for the good info. The LS400 engine fits in the is200 with ee's  I know it fits. but the ls400 I got is far to good to rip apart. So looks like iv got to hunt again for a ls400

I have 4 Is200 and 1 ls400 my mates have started to  take the ***** out of me becos I have 5 Lexus'es saying I have a fetish over them.

At the moment I am seeing how many miles I am getting to 65L of LPG changing up gear no more than 2000/RPM Being very gentle with it.

CAN YOU GUESS????? I wonder if you can. Who will get the closest. I will post the answer as soon as I know. Iv had my fun putting my foot down in the car.

Now I want to know how economic it is on LPG gas. But I must say there's not much difference power wise between petrol and gas much the same smooth all the way

I like it a lot.. But I'm still in love with my IS200 just means I can keep it clean and nice lol  just bring it out when I fanny a blast around the lanes. Best  of both worlds.

What I'm going to do is get down the Ace Cafe when you have your next meeting and introduce myself to you all. And have a cupper and a chat with you all.

And if you see me come up and say hi...I will be the man with one arm Yes I have one arm lol And yes I have heard all the jokes And yes my nick name is Harmless...By name and by nature lolllll Dinner so I'm off.. Be Lucky j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links