Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

22 minutes ago, dr_rick said:

Just had a look online, and I can only see Pagid discs. Am I looking somewhere odd for Brembos

They will only show up when they are in stock. I'm guessing myself and MrVoodoo wiped out the stock levels. 

• 1 month later...

http://brakeparts.co.uk/

Have bought there for my Land Cruiser, seemed to be good quality

The price for my vented rear discs from Brake international is just 30.23 each

The set of rear pads is just 23.48

So for 2 rear discs, and a set of rear pads, totals just 83.94  (69.95 plus VAT )

IS250 rear brakes.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also enquired about replacement front discs, which are vented.

The price is 49.00 for the pair.

I may do the fronts just for the sake of,  also, it is such an easy job

24 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

What are the upgrade options for rear pads? I can't seem to find hawk ones, is there anything else out there? I'm looking for street use not the track.

Would imagine as you can get EBC yellows, the Reds must be available, don't know for sure as haven't looked. Reds are the equivalent of the Hawk ceramics as I understand it. 

• Like 1

So did the front discs and pads yesterday. First one was me learning, second one took less time as I'd learnt the tricks.

Quick test drive and it pulls straight and silent. Excellent. However, it does feel as if I've got a sightly spongy brake pedal. I did take the cap off the master cylinder in case pushing the pistons back for the thicker pads / discs needed some leniency. I'm 99% sure the cap is back securely, but do I need to get the brakes bled? There's no leaks and no parts missing, and I was sure to be careful with the calipers when they came off so the hoses weren't stressed.

40 minutes ago, dr_rick said:

So did the front discs and pads yesterday. First one was me learning, second one took less time as I'd learnt the tricks.

Quick test drive and it pulls straight and silent. Excellent. However, it does feel as if I've got a sightly spongy brake pedal. I did take the cap off the master cylinder in case pushing the pistons back for the thicker pads / discs needed some leniency. I'm 99% sure the cap is back securely, but do I need to get the brakes bled? There's no leaks and no parts missing, and I was sure to be careful with the calipers when they came off so the hoses weren't stressed.

Not that I drive your model but most new brakes I've had leave it feeling slightly spongy until they bed in.  And certainly taking the top of the master cylinder off won't let air in.

10 hours ago, Terry Barr said:

Euro Car parts doing a Black Friday sale at the moment. Enter code BLACKFRIDAY  to get the discount. Pagid front pads end up at £40.

Good deal at the moment. 

Got me a full set, going for the Stoptech Street front pads though.

eUROCARPARTS.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links