Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning all.

So, I think I'll be needing some new pads in the near future. I'll certainly get Lexus to quote for the work, but will consider other more frugal options. There seems to be a wealth of info from our friends over the pond, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea for a sticky thread to list what options you guys have gone for e.g.

Type of pads, Link to pads, Cost of including fitting

Apologies if a similar post exists :)

Wouldn't a sticky like you mentioned need updating regularly re price of parts and labour.

Then there would be regional differences, independent and dealer price differences.

Then there's supply your own parts rates, brake pad sales, back street "I wouldn't trust you to open my car door" rates.

Diy price compared with mates rates etc etc.

I've had enough now :lol:

22 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Wouldn't a sticky like you mentioned need updating regularly re price of parts and labour.

Then there would be regional differences, independent and dealer price differences.

Then there's supply your own parts rates, brake pad sales, back street "I wouldn't trust you to open my car door" rates.

Diy price compared with mates rates etc etc.

I've had enough now :lol:

Happy to omit cost

I ordered a set of Hawk front pads for £150 last week, due to be delivered today. A few folks use them, seem to dust a lot less than OEM pads which is what I wanted. 

Lexus quoted me the best part of £1700 for a full set of discs and pads all round yesterday. Farcical. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

I ordered a set of Hawk front pads for £150 last week, due to be delivered today. A few folks use them, seem to dust a lot less than OEM pads which is what I wanted. 

Lexus quoted me the best part of £1700 for a full set of discs and pads all round yesterday. Farcical. 

Nice one Gib. Where'd you order them from?

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Nice one Gib. Where'd you order them from?

eBay, seller is called uktuner. They are the fast road pads which seem to be rated over on clublexus. Need to contact them to see if they can source a set of rears and then I need to find the best place for stock brembo discs. Eurocarparts were mentioned on other threads but they only seem to have the Pagid discs online. 

2 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

eBay, seller is called uktuner. They are the fast road pads which seem to be rated over on clublexus. Need to contact them to see if they can source a set of rears and then I need to find the best place for stock Brembo discs. Eurocarparts were mentioned on other threads but they only seem to have the Pagid discs online. 

Great stuff. I'll check that out.

Anyone know what the score is warranty and fitting non oem pads?

19 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Blimey, I thought you had put too many zeros on the pad prices but no, what is so special about the pads to justify the cost and what's the fitting charge?

Perhaps they come with a Caribbean holiday!  Scary price.

Just to put this into perspective, me and my son fit new discs and pads on his Vectra last week.

£80 for 4 discs and pads front and back, delivered from ECP. About 4 hours very steady work on our drive including oil and filter change, several cups of tea and a few biscuits :lol:

How Lexus can quote those prices, well I can't even begin to understand.

20 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Just to put this into perspective, me and my son fit new discs and pads on his Vectra last week.

£80 for 4 discs and pads front and back, delivered from ECP. About 4 hours very steady work on our drive including oil and filter change, several cups of tea and a few biscuits :lol:

How Lexus can quote those prices, well I can't even begin to understand.

Garry, I'll supply the parts, the garage and lots of tea. When can I expect you?  ;)

EDIT: Can you bring some tools please?

20 minutes ago, Verbout said:

• Like 1

I have enough cars to look after in the family thank you :thumbup:

Some people pay the Lexus prices thinking they're either getting a better service, or keeping the car "Lexus"

When I service our cars it may take a little longer but everything gets inspected, cleaned, greased and fixed properly.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Had a very recent experience on this as just swapped my fronts.

ECP with 30% discount (as they often have) Original brembo discs and Pagid pads £187 to my door. Fitted myself in less than an hour.

Nothing wrong with Pagid stuff. OEM for many car companies. I have their pads in and they managed a whole trackday not problem at all.

Noticed these on amazon, part numbers seem to be correct but haven't looked into them in too much detail, or how they compare to other prices but threw them in my online basket for when the time comes. 

Screenshot_20160823-155138.png

There is the theory that drilled brake discs are more susceptible to cracking compared to grooved ones but I've never had that issue across a few cars with drilled discs. The ones on my ISF seem fine and given the mileage I'm guessing they are the ones that it rolled out of the factory with. 

Have just fitted EBC Yellowstuff pads to front of mine along with a DOT5.1 brake fluid change.

1st impressions are good.  A little noisy until they have heat in them but bite really well even from cold.

True test will be at the Nurburgring next weekend 9th - 13th.

I have also ordered a new set of discs from Eurocarparts as per GibletPH's post.  30% off and £250 for 4 brembo discs is a stupidly good price :-)

New discs and the old pads (still about 50%) wear left on them will be going back on when I return to the UK :-)

Good stuff, will await your review on they held up at the 'Ring. 

My discs are due to be delivered today and will be fitted soon along with Hawk fast road pads on the front. Rear pads have plenty of life left still. Planning to head to the 'Ring for the first time in March/April next year!

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Have just fitted EBC Yellowstuff pads to front of mine along with a DOT5.1 brake fluid change.

1st impressions are good.  A little noisy until they have heat in them but bite really well even from cold.

True test will be at the Nurburgring next weekend 9th - 13th.

I have also ordered a new set of discs from Eurocarparts as per GibletPH's post.  30% off and £250 for 4 brembo discs is a stupidly good price :-)

New discs and the old pads (still about 50%) wear left on them will be going back on when I return to the UK :-)

Just had a look online, and I can only see Pagid discs. Am I looking somewhere odd for Brembos

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links