Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h wow

Glover

My first Lexus and it's brilliant!  It's the most comfortable, relaxing car I've owned (and the most expensive!). I'd wondered about the RX but dismissed it initially as to expensive to buy and run but I started to read the reviews and realised that it might be a viable option.  I've had my car for 3 months now and covered just over 3,000 miles of mixed driving from the dales of Yorkshire, to city streets.  My driving style has totally changed,; I still keep up with traffic and overtake as usual but the Lexus just makes me feel far more relaxed and calm. But occasionally I let the V6 sing.  I couldn't believe it the first time I used kick down, I referred to it as all hell let loose!  Smooth but very quick for such a big car.  It's really comforting to know that when you go past a slower moving vehicle you won't be in the outside lane for long.  I've averaged a real 38.7 with a best of 45.1   I find the mpg indicator to be fairly accurate and within 1 mpg of the actual. Everybody who gets in the car says it feels like they are royalty it's definitely a great place to be regardless of the length of the journey.

I've got lots of questions to ask but have already found the answers to many of them on the forum so thank you fellow Lexus owners.  

• Like 1

Hi Geof and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch so please dont hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they dont go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

Hi Graham and Bluesman.  Thanks for your warm welcome.  I've already found the Club really useful; it's so easy to find answers here.  And I've been able to show the dealership some functions they didn't know existed (I can now remotely open and close my windows and roof!). Looking forward to finding out more and maybe in the future helping other members.

• Like 1

Hi Jason

Yes especially when we get the odd hot day it's great to cool the car down before you get in although I've found that the leather seats don't get as hot in the sun as I thought they would, which is a bonus! It's amazing how many extra settings are available, dealership sorted out windows at no cost, which was another bonus.  Only took them a couple of minutes and they washed the car too:-)

Glover