Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many of you good people............

Drive over/across mini-roundabouts?

I passed my test in 1958 (when we had to give hand signals!) and, like many others, have not had a look at the highway code since that time, not that I can recall anyway.

I have just embarked upon the IAM RoadSmart Advanced Driver Course and, up until now I have always thought that mini-roundabouts merely indicated to road users, the priorities at that junction and, almost without exception I have driven over the paint.  I now understand that this is illegal and can result in prosecution unless you can show that the prevailing situation made it difficult to avoid driving OVER the roundabout.

I'll bet that there are quite a few who didn't know this and equally, I'll bet that there are many who do know about it but choose to ignore it!

• Like 2

It generally depends on the mini roundabout.
There's some right small roundabouts here and the car won't go around it meaning I would have to reverse in order not to drive over the kerb and therefore I just drive over it.

That is very interesting, I did not realise it was illegal to go over the white circle. 

Many years ago, some of you will remember, Cliff Michelmore hosted a programme called "So you think you are a good driver?". They went through various motoring scenarios and tested your knowledge with a score. There were also adverts (NOT Jimmy Savile's clunk click!) on the highway code and examples of bad driving - like undertaking on a motorway (not illegal I am told! Unless there is an accident!). It is a real pity they are no longer on TV - it might remind a few people how they should conduct themselves on the road. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links