Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200t possible returning member

After a few years on the dark side (BMW) I had a test drive today in a IS200t sport

The dealer (main Lexus dealer )was clearly keen to get rid having told me it had simply been hanging around for 8 months. He also let slip they hadn't sold one this year !!! I only do a couple of thousand miles a year, fuel economy isnt an issue so have discounted an IS300h....likewise this is coming in cheaper.

I found the engine quite querky but everything else was the usual solid Lexus quality that made me buy an IS200 all them years ago.

Does anyone else on here have an IS200t......I've look and the answer would appear to be no...dealership issues aside I'm more interested in the car as I can source a brand new one for just over £24K but some feedback would be nice,,,if it exists at all.

regards

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

After a few years on the dark side (BMW) I had a test drive today in a IS200t sport

The dealer (main Lexus dealer )was clearly keen to get rid having told me it had simply been hanging around for 8 months. He also let slip they hadn't sold one this year !!! I only do a couple of thousand miles a year, fuel economy isnt an issue so have discounted an IS300h....likewise this is coming in cheaper.

I found the engine quite querky but everything else was the usual solid Lexus quality that made me buy an IS200 all them years ago.

My main issue was the rather soft paint. This thing was lacerated with scratches despite being a 65 low mileage demonstrator .What was also extremely disappointing was the preparation. An arranged test drive and the car was filthy, one person working in the whole dealership today...just a salesman..no one even behind the counter. The car also still had residue from stickers where it had been put on show in a nearby shopping centre.....no prep and it had been shoved on the forecourt.

I found the same two years ago when I chose BMW. Their cars were fully prepped and prepared but Lexus appear to take the view that you buy the car first and they prep it second...that doesn't make sense. I visited the showroom twice in 2 days.....I was the only customer in that time, perhaps that's why there was only one member of staff. 

Does anyone else on here have an IS200t......I've look and the answer would appear to be no...dealership issues aside I'm more interested in the car as I can source a brand new one for just over £24K but some feedback would be nice,,,if it exists at all.

regards

Brilliant choice - its a great car if you're doing low mileages.

I liked it when I test drove it, I have a 300h but its only because its the wife's car and the budget meant buying 2 years old.

Generally the condition of the car depends on its status in the showroom. If its a demonstrator for everyone to use i.e. it just sits on the lot and gets driven and given out for test drives and as a loan vehicle, then its probably quite filthy. The reason being that people drive them like they stole it, it goes out on 24h test drives and there's little time to get it washed (dealerships usually only have a few loaner vehicles available so they are in high demand)

If its a company demo, i.e. a sales manager car which only goes around on accompanied test drives, its usually in much much better nick.

For £24k its an absolute bargain for what you get!

Cheers, with hindsight I was being a little harsh on the dealership, they went out of their way to get me a test drive when clearly short staffed.I guess you'e right about the status of the vehicle so will avoid that particular example.

That aside they do seem to be a rare beast in the sales stakes, only 70 registered this year and I guess a chunk of those will be at dealers.

19 hours ago, doog442 said:

regards

There are some IS200T owners on the forum.

In the search field on the top right, enter IS200T and make sure you select "this forum"... this will bring up a few threads.

Cheers Dan, my absence has clearly affected my ability to use the forum properly :wink3:...

Will have a look through tonight.

Has anyone reported any decent discount success with used / nearly new - across the range. Would 5-10% be a reality. I've got a 16% reduction from new however my budget is more £20K and there are several 65 plate examples around 21/22K. 

There's no finance incentive on used.  

2 hours ago, doog442 said:

Cheers Dan, my absence has clearly affected my ability to use the forum properly :wink3:...

Will have a look through tonight.

Has anyone reported any decent discount success with used / nearly new - across the range. Would 5-10% be a reality. I've got a 16% reduction from new however my budget is more £20K and there are several 65 plate examples around 21/22K. 

There's no finance incentive on used.  

You should be able to get it for £20k or pretty close. They usually give between £500 - 1000 depending on how much they want to get rid

3 hours ago, doog442 said:

Just been told they have stopped production of the IS200t sport. 

Interesting, it might be because of the upcoming facelift model.

I dont know where you are based but the Exeter one is the cheapest one available at £21699

Im sure you could get them below £21k and chuck in delivery as well!

I think I was taken for a mug by a certain Lexus dealer who quoted £24K for a new IS2OOt on carwow.

When I enquired further the same person told me they had ceased production but directed me to a £27K F sport they had for sale...

The classic pull in...poor show and will avoid them in future....I see honestly and integrity still isnt an integral part of Lexus sales.

Funny you mention that.......

While weighing up the benefits of going for the F Sport (300h) over the Sport model, while sitting in an F Sport (in the North West) with the Lexus sales guy I asked "if I purchased the F sport now would it come with everything I see in this car now?, red leather, heated/ventilated seats complete with memory?"

Yes, was his answer, only when reverting him back to the sales literature he retracted his statement apologising and changing his comment to the full leather/memory seats are an optional cost.

This I didn't mind as I knew what I was getting as I'd studied the literature but where I'm going with this is.....

In the same week a work colleague, who I suggested he looks at the 300h F Sport was also told the same BS when sitting in an F Sport in a different Lexus garage down south.

Seems their sales pitch is to make you feel you can't do without the lovely red leather seats only to sting you a little later down the sale.

Just for the record and I can only talk about my experience, the sales guy wasn't some kid just out of school, he'd been in sales (Lexus) an awful long time.

Agreed people do make mistakes but to have the same mistake made in two separate garages over the same specification is a little bit too much of a coincidence for my liking.

This didn't change my decision on the car (F sport) but left me feeling a little let down by Lexus sales.

22 hours ago, doog442 said:

I think I was taken for a mug by a certain Lexus dealer who quoted £24K for a new IS2OOt on carwow.

When I enquired further the same person told me they had ceased production but directed me to a £27K F sport they had for sale...

The classic pull in...poor show and will avoid them in future....I see honestly and integrity still isnt an integral part of Lexus sales.

Just to let you know, Broadspeed are still advertising the IS200t Sport for £23860 + options

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Just to let you know, Broadspeed are still advertising the IS200t Sport for £23860 + options

Just had a quote for a brand new IS300h F sport for £25k flat or an NX for £26.5K 

I'm starting to look at the NX....we have dogs, I can take stuff to the tip - it looks very practical...the wife and kids prefer it..decisions

On 29/08/2016 at 9:14 PM, doog442 said:

regards

I have an IS200t F-Sport

• Like 1

On 06/09/2016 at 10:42 PM, Chris.S said:

I have an IS200t F-Sport

Whats your long term prognosis ?

Is it a keeper ?

Im coming from a BMW 135i - goes like snot but need an auto with a bit of class...this might tick a few boxes 

17 hours ago, Chris.S said:

yey, what model you gone for

Main dealer IS200t Sport -65 plate 1900 miles . Also a decent part ex from someone who knew what they were talking about as well, made the deal very palatable . 

Happy days and worth the drive up there in the end.

I guess I'll need to start looking at service packs etc.  

• Like 1

Decent run back from the dealers in the IS200t..averaged 32mpg, mixture of City traffic and busy stop start rural B roads over a couple of hours.

Great handling, sport mode is bang on the button -very responsive if needed from the 2 litre turbo. 

The cabin is an extremely nice place to be, the quality is evident as usual ...really chuffed to be back in a Lexus after my two year break with BMW.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, doog442 said:

Decent run back from the dealers in the IS200t..averaged 32mpg, mixture of City traffic and busy stop start rural B roads over a couple of hours.

Great handling, sport mode is bang on the button -very responsive if needed from the 2 litre turbo. 

The cabin is an extremely nice place to be, the quality is evident as usual ...really chuffed to be back in a Lexus after my two year break with BMW.

Hi Doog,

Been on hols so couldn't comment but Great choice done a few thousand in mine now and just cant stop smiling, if you cruise at 60 in eco you can get a staggering 50mpg but then why would you buy the 200T and have it in ECO? LOL, enjoy :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links