Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav traffic announcements

Hope you all can help.  I don't get traffic warnings on my satnav, even though I nearly always join a congested A-road with stationary traffic on my commute home.  I do know the way home, but I use the satnav to forewarn me and give me alternative routes.  TMC is set, traffic warnings etc. and the little symbol of the 3 cars in a row, is intermittently displayed in the top left of the screen.

I use to have a Prius and that always use to warn me of traffic delays.  Is there a setting that's not set on my IS?

20 hours ago, duncand said:

Hope you all can help.  I don't get traffic warnings on my satnav, even though I nearly always join a congested A-road with stationary traffic on my commute home.  I do know the way home, but I use the satnav to forewarn me and give me alternative routes.  TMC is set, traffic warnings etc. and the little symbol of the 3 cars in a row, is intermittently displayed in the top left of the screen.

I use to have a Prius and that always use to warn me of traffic delays.  Is there a setting that's not set on my IS?

I find with mine it warms me of traffic delays when I am already in a traffic jam:wallbash: was on my way down to Windsor the other day and warned me 4 times

Is yours not warning you at all?   

I'm not getting any warnings, even though I'm driving into stationary traffic.  My Prius use to warn me a mile or so before and give me alternative routes and if I got caught in slow or stationary traffic, it would guide me off the main route.  Strange!!  Maybe a reset to default due or a visit to the dealers.

Thanks for your comments.

30 minutes ago, wh05apk said:

Mine seems good, warning me what seems to be hours in advance, which I normally ignore assuming it will be clear by the time I get there.

Whilst navigating it does try to re-route me for traffic on the route which is normally miles away yes,   what I think the issue with the traffic announcements is they are either late to arrive (in a traffic jam already ) or too early to be a concern

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that function was not enabled. Never get them on mine for the actual road I'm on. Now I see it has to be giving directions at the time to work which is no use if you know the way home like most of us do on the daily commute.  The thought of putting up with that voice puts me off navigation use and cant intuitively turn her off or can you?

• 1 month later...

I found that it is possible to turn off the voice and still navigate. I have an F sport and the guidance shows if you have the main dial moved to the right. It also shows the distance and time of arrival. I have premium navigation pack 

If the Sat Nav voice is turned off, you don't get any warnings or directions spoken. You'll still be able to set destinations etc. You need to have the voice set to a volume other than 0 to get traffic. I find reroute notifications are very hit and miss, more miss really. 

Does anyone know if you can have radio on and sat nav on , and each time the sat nav " speaks " the radio is silent . I had this in my previous car ( Jagaur ) but with this one I have the sat nav giving directions at same time as radio is at same volume ? 

2 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Does anyone know if you can have radio on and sat nav on , and each time the sat nav " speaks " the radio is silent . I had this in my previous car ( Jagaur ) but with this one I have the sat nav giving directions at same time as radio is at same volume ? 

You can't. Itll speak over everything.

You can adjust the volume of the sat nav directions though so make it as loud as possible and you should be OK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links