Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

I've just got my recall letter in the last few days, I will be ringing Lexus once I've got the badger damage sorted over next few weeks.  

I'll definatly be trying to blag something fun to borrow for the day!!

Also received my letter Saturday. I'm really reticent about taking it in after listening to the horror stories regarding damage to the dash.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet.

18 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not sure there are horror stories - I must admit I have few small scratches.. Not ideal, but definitely not a horror story.

Are we being pedantic? It's a figure of speech. :sleepy: And the last line in my post was a cliche.:tongue: So really not much of my post was my original work.   ;)

2 hours ago, Verbout said:

Also received my letter Saturday. I'm really reticent about taking it in after listening to the horror stories regarding damage to the dash.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet.

In just going to make a point of saying that there have been horror stories about damage to dash and as a result I'll be checking.    

21 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not sure there are horror stories - I must admit I have few small scratches.. Not ideal, but definitely not a horror story.

As for small scratches, they're still damage caused by them and I'm ocd about the interior of my car, they could detract from the pleasure the car gives me once I know they're there, irrespective of how insignificant they are. 

I've got no issues of they damage it, as long as they replace it.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:47 PM, Jgtcracer said:

As for small scratches, they're still damage caused by them and I'm ocd about the interior of my car, they could detract from the pleasure the car gives me once I know they're there, irrespective of how insignificant they are. 

I've got no issues of they damage it, as long as they replace it.

I must admit I am the same and I would be fuming if not for crashed Lexus loaner. Furthermore, the scratch is on passenger side and is literally type of scratch which only I can know exist and nobody would notice it otherwise. It would be better without it, but I guess I am getting with terms of my car being nearly 10 years old.

Well, mine is going back in next week to have the dash re-mounted.  I am getting a creaking from the drivers side that wasn't there before.

To be fair to Lexus Reading, Michael (the service guy I use) didn't even flinch when I mentioned it to him and immediately arranged for it to be taken out and checked.  He even said he would keep the car for 2 days in case they need to order some new clips.

1 hour ago, Pecker said:

Zero damage to mine, you wouldn't even know it had been done. Well, I'm hoping they've done the work lol...

Car was collected and dropped back off the same day.

That's good to hear, which dealership was that? 

Collected and dropped off!! Good service.... 👍 

41 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yea, that's really good service.  I live 60 miles from nearest dealer mind you!!  I'd rather take the car in and blag a test drive!!ha

• Like 1

Letter Saturday as I mentioned, phoned this morning, Monday, and the girl said someone would call me back.

Within half an hour the service dept at Lexus Bradford had called and a courtesy car and appointment made for 11th October. 5 hour job.

So far so good, I didn't ask about the loaner, wait for the surprise.   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Letter Saturday as I mentioned, phoned this morning, Monday, and the girl said someone would call me back.

Within half an hour the service dept at Lexus Bradford had called and a courtesy car and appointment made for 11th October. 5 hour job.

So far so good, I didn't ask about the loaner, wait for the surprise.   :lol:

I'm thinking it's going to be a Citroen C1!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Lexus Edinburgh - about 50 minutes from where I live. Sales rep has promised me a demo RCF for a day or so... we'll see if that happens or not! :yahoo:

9 hours ago, Pecker said:

Lexus Edinburgh - about 50 minutes from where I live. Sales rep has promised me a demo RCF for a day or so... we'll see if that happens or not! :yahoo:

Edinburgh!!!!  I'll have to keep that in mind!!

Well, I've got mine booked in for an MOT and the airbag to be sorted on the 18th Oct at the Hedge End dealership. Let's hope they do a good job - they've always been brilliant in the past. 

Does anyone know what years are affected by airbag recall, purchased car from Lexus in March, don't know if work has already been done or whether my model year is within the cars affected. Have checked the https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled and there is no mention of the recall. After reading the posts highlighting damage to dashboard encountered by various members, I really hope my car has not to be recalled. I'm not really surprised at some of the comments as my experience of the quality of workmanship shown at Lexus dealerships is sadly lacking. Great cars, plush showrooms and courteous staff however let down badly by technician's lack of attention to detail. I'll try and do any future work myself or use a quality independent whose sole source of income depends on quality work and not car sales.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2017 at 7:03 PM, Jgtcracer said:

Edinburgh!!!!  I'll have to keep that in mind!!

Yeah just had that recall done at Edinburgh today/yesterday. No marks, clean dash.

They did lump me with a ct200h tho...even brand new they aren’t quite to my taste lol

13 hours ago, RobISF said:

Yeah just had that recall done at Edinburgh today/yesterday. No marks, clean dash.

They did lump me with a ct200h tho...even brand new they aren’t quite to my taste lol

How was the service?  I've only been once and got the feeling they thought I was too young to be interested in an RCF.

No complaints on service, been there the last 4 years or so. Prices are a tad high (£55 mot for example), but there’s always a new loan car waiting which wasn’t an issue to keep the extra day (was in for service, mot and recall)...I expect to have to pay a premium to never get a quibble over stuff like that. Club discount is known about and handy too, but have found they don’t negotiate on the bill anymore.

They don’t try and tempt me with rcf/gsf either, it guess its just their usual customer is more interested in the hybrids. Last year they thought I would be more impressed with the is300h they gave me, nice enough but not exactly what I would be looking for to replace a car that did 1300 miles this year.

I had the recall work done on my car today - received the letter middle of  last week.

cant fault the work done. Car came back clean and hoovered, with the bonus of £25 of petrol in the tank! Result.

well done lexus newcastle.

11 hours ago, Killysprint said:

I had the recall work done on my car today - received the letter middle of  last week.

cant fault the work done. Car came back clean and hoovered, with the bonus of £25 of petrol in the tank! Result.

well done lexus newcastle.

Better results than me. I’ve called two dealers and neither have got back to me 🙁

@Flytvr Davi I was up at a certain dealership this morning and at reception the phones were ringing of the hook, as you can see I took a picture of the reception desk as I could hear voices behind the counter one said to the other " We should be answering this it's bad customer service " " No are you mad it's that Mr Hughes I'm scared 😳 "

IMG_0505.thumb.JPG.791c1d4ccc398bb3cf7d06503baab091.JPG

Big Rat 

• Like 2